Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso capsules

Options
  • 11-10-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    Are there any websites selling discount Nespresso capsules? They're costing me an arm and a leg!
    Thanks!

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

are you looking for Nespresso specific ones?

There a so many less expensive nespresso 'compatible' ones out there (google for online options) but I have struggled to find any that are any good. The Lidl ones are awful (IMO) and from my extensive testing found the Supervalu branded ones the best of the lot. I now however only ever buy the official 'Nespresso' ones as they taste the best (IMO).

They're all terrible including Nespresso. We even had someone send us a proposal for pods and we sent him a kilo of our best selling coffee. It was undrinkable through a pod :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

They're all terrible including Nespresso. We even had someone send us a proposal for pods and we sent him a kilo of our best selling coffee. It was undrinkable through a pod :(

Not true. I am a complete coffee snob and can make a Nespresso coffee at home that is not far off my local coffee shops and sometimes better. Now I do agree that a lot of the Nespresso capsules are awful but once you find the one that you like you are set for consistent good coffee at home.

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Not true. I am a complete coffee snob and can make a Nespresso coffee at home that is not far off my local coffee shops and sometimes better. Now I do agree that a lot of the Nespresso capsules are awful but once you find the one that you like you are set for consistent good coffee at home.

we'll agree to disagree so. but ask anyone who actually roasts coffee what they think of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

Comparing Nespresso with freshly roasted coffee misses the point though surely? Nespresso pods make a decent cup of coffee and its convenient. Its not going to beat freely roasted coffee, how could it? Roasting, grinding and brewing your morning coffee isn't practical for some people especially if they have kids/jobs/life commitments and barely have a free hour to themselves in the day.

Now if you love your coffee and nothing but the best will do, I dig it, I really do. I was tempted myself and I've dreamed of owning a gaggia or silvia for years but in the end I chose convenience over quality and put my stovetop in storage because it was the most sensible choice for me.

The price of the pods though are really expensive though. If anyone has suggestions for compatible pods, it would be great. I've tried supervalu and aldi and they don't compare to the original pods imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Aldi Lungo pods are nice. 1.69 for 10.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Got a Inissia for Christmas tried two of the capsules not too bad, but I can't see myself paying for the disposable caps. Has anyone tried one of the refillable capsules seems like the better choice.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14ZBAJVXXXXbeXFXXq6xXFXXXP/Stainless-Steel-font-b-Refillable-b-font-Reusable-font-b-Capsule-b-font-for-font-b.jpg

Think its going to cost me more getting stuff for it the mug doesn't fit under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

we'll agree to disagree so. but ask anyone who actually roasts coffee what they think of them...

You might as well ask turkeys what they think of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Got a Inissia for Christmas tried two of the capsules not too bad, but I can't see myself paying for the disposable caps. Has anyone tried one of the refillable capsules seems like the better choice.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14ZBAJVXXXXbeXFXXq6xXFXXXP/Stainless-Steel-font-b-Refillable-b-font-Reusable-font-b-Capsule-b-font-for-font-b.jpg

Think its going to cost me more getting stuff for it the mug doesn't fit under it.

Thats interesting. I'm on the Dolce Gusto system and while pods are reasonably affordable through Amazon S&S (35%+ cheaper than Tesco/Direct) it'd still be nice to have more options. Had thought about refilling but never considered a tamp style setup like that.

Seems they exist for DG too
    Dolce-Gusto-Coffee-Capsule-Stainless-Steel-Refillable-Coffee-Capsule-Reusable-Compatible-with-Nescafe-Dolce-Gusto-System.jpg_640x640.jpg

Think I might give that a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

ED E wrote: »
    Thats interesting. I'm on the Dolce Gusto system and while pods are reasonably affordable through Amazon S&S (35%+ cheaper than Tesco/Direct) it'd still be nice to have more options. Had thought about refilling but never considered a tamp style setup like that.

Seems they exist for DG too

Think I might give that a shot.

The stainless would be a lot better than the plastic ones all right. But you would need two of them I think to get the best out of it. Burn the hands off yourself if a second cup is needed with one.

Onto the coffee's that taste like ashtray on the nespresso now. Still debating wither to get the discovery pods for €60 or pay €40-50 for the reusables and bag of grounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

Advertisement