Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montessori

Options
  • 11-10-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. Could anyone recommend a good Montessori in or around Carlow town? Thanks a mill

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you mean a proper full Monti or a playschool using some of the methods?
    Here's a list of places:http://www.carlowchildcare.com/pdfs/ChildcareProviders_M.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zephra

That's great thanks. Really want somewhere that uses Montessori methods. Recently moved to the area so hoping for some recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

AFAIK & i'm open to correction, but I think there are only the 2. Clareville creche on the Tullow road beside Lidl & Jigsaw childcare in Highfield that use the full method. Even at that I'm not sure about the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Highly recommend Jigsaw. I have no connection to the place other than the fact my own son went there and it has a lovely atmosphere and is proper Montessori and Sulinder Finn who owns the place is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I have booked my daughter a place in Suantri, Tinryland. As she hasn't started yet I can only recommend it on the bases of having toured the school & met the manager/owner who is lovely & seems very focused & enthusiastic about preparing children for school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Graiguecullen Parish Chilcare Centre is amazing. They are covered with the free preschool deal too. My son is in his second year there and I can't praise them enough.
    My daughter was in different crÃ႒¨ches and miserable. This place is amazing. The staff and manager are exceptional. Well worth checking out for you..it's in St. Fiac's school grounds. They have a website too www. graiguecullenpcc .ie

Advertisement