Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65 Bus form Tallaght to Richmond St S

Options
  • 11-10-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Anyone got experience commuting on 65 Bus form The Square Shopping centre Tallaght to Richmond Street in Dublin 2.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I am starting new job in Dublin and will be commuting form The Square Shopping centre on 65 bus, timetable showing one bus an hour with 50 mins journey time if I set off at 7:44am. Is this service usually packed in the morning or get delayed ? or if anyone can advise any other route. I considered using LUCS redline form the square to Jervis shopping centre and walking to Richmond street but that is more time consuming than 65 bus + 25 mins walk but LUAS is every 10 mins so even if I miss one tram I don t have to wait one hour for next one like 65 bus service.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you in advance [/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

Could get the 27/77a and get off at St Patrick's Cathedral and walk across. It would be a shorter walk than from the Luas.

Alternatively the 54a and 49 travel through Harold's Cross and Clanbrassil Street which would leave you with a shorter walk again.

27 would have the highest frequency of all the routes and the least time on the bus in my opinion. Don't have exact times as I work at night.

Another option is the 65b which doesn't serve the square but stops in Killenarden and Aylesbury which aren't too far a walk unless you're already walking a good bit to get to the square in the first place.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Examples/Google-Map/?routeNumber=65B&direction=OI&towards=Citywest&from=Poolbeg+St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

65 comes from a long way out (Ballymore Eustace and Ballyknockan for the early commuter runs) so is liable to not be at Tallaght at an exact time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uma103

howiya wrote: »
    Could get the 27/77a and get off at St Patrick's Cathedral and walk across. It would be a shorter walk than from the Luas.

Alternatively the 54a and 49 travel through Harold's Cross and Clanbrassil Street which would leave you with a shorter walk again.

27 would have the highest frequency of all the routes and the least time on the bus in my opinion. Don't have exact times as I work at night.

Another option is the 65b which doesn't serve the square but stops in Killenarden and Aylesbury which aren't too far a walk unless you're already walking a good bit to get to the square in the first place.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Examples/Google-Map/?routeNumber=65B&direction=OI&towards=Citywest&from=Poolbeg+St.
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you for your advice. 27 might be a better option because its frequency [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif](every 10 mins) and St Patrick s Cathedral is just 15 mins walk from my work which is not too bad.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]49 is another good option as this service start form The Square but not as frequent as 27 (every 20 mins approx.) and I can get off at S Circular road. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Can do 65b but busses are less frequent like 65 . [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Can you advise how best to pay the fare ? pay cash to the driver or leap card ? I can also get taxsaver form work and not sure how that going to work . [/font]

Vic_08 wrote: »
    65 comes from a long way out (Ballymore Eustace and Ballyknockan for the early commuter runs) so is liable to not be at Tallaght at an exact time.
    thats what i thought. because its one service an hour and its a long route so not sure if it arrive on time and dont want it to be full when it get my stop .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

uma103 wrote: »
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you for your advice. 27 might be a better option because its frequency [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif](every 10 mins) and St Patrick s Cathedral is just 15 mins walk from my work which is not too bad.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]49 is another good option as this service start form The Square but not as frequent as 27 (every 20 mins approx.) and I can get off at S Circular road. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Can do 65b but busses are less frequent like 65 . [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Can you advise how best to pay the fare ? pay cash to the driver or leap card ? I can also get taxsaver form work and not sure how that going to work . [/font]

Use a Leap card until you get the taxsaver sorted with the job. Leap is cheaper than cash. Taxsaver is cheaper again

• Advertisement

Thank you again .
    Do these buses run on time during rush hour or mad delays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Would you consider cycling it at some point in the future? It's a very straightforward route, it would follow the route of the 65. That's more direct that the 27 and probably quicker then the 27 and 65 on the way home in the evening.

I can consider cycling but not sure if there is a cycle route or how busy/safe is it cycling on that route specially in winters.
    how long would it take on cycle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

The Square to Portobello Bridge which leads onto Richmond Street takes me 25 minutes in the morning and a little longer on the way home because it's uphill. I find it to be a very safe journey until you hit Rathmines Road but that's only a short part of the trip.

Might be something for you to consider. I tried the Luas, 65 and 27 but gave up on all of them although I was going further into the city centre. I cycle 4 days a week and bus one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I can consider cycling but not sure if there is a cycle route or how busy/safe is it cycling on that route specially in winters.
    how long would it take on cycle ?
    I do it pretty much every day from near enough to The Square to St. Stephen's Green area, takes about 20-25 minutes going in, 25-30 mins home, give yourself a bit extra though if you are just starting out. Simplest route is basically just get on the N81 and keep going. The M50 roundabout may be a bit intimidating if you aren't used to it, but can be skipped as there's a cycle path that runs underneath.
    thats what i thought. because its one service an hour and its a long route so not sure if it arrive on time and dont want it to be full when it get my stop .
    If you use the stop on Belgard Square West outside the Euro Giant, all of the busses heading the direction you want stop there, both those starting at the square and the ones starting before it. It's also where a fair amount of schoolkids and workers get off so you can pretty much always grab a seat.

As for the Luas, I prefer getting off at Fatima and walking across. It's a longer walk, but you get off before a lot of the slowness around the Liffey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement