Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in galway getting gears of war 4 for pc?

Options
  • 11-10-2016 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

currently living out in the sticks so with gears of war 4 being 72GB download its going to take me 5 days to download it and that's even if the windows store doesn't feck up and restart the download again, wondering if anyone in galway has it already and i could copy the files over to a hdd or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Honest, the data's only resting on my hard drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

steve7791 wrote: »
    currently living out in the sticks so with gears of war 4 being 72GB download its going to take me 5 days to download it and that's even if the windows store doesn't feck up and restart the download again, wondering if anyone in galway has it already and i could copy the files over to a hdd or something.

Can you even do that?
    Thought Windows Store's design prevents you from even seeing where the files are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You could probably get it delivered in 1-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ScumLord wrote: »
    You could probably get it delivered in 1-3 days.

And open the case to find 10 dvds or a cd key?

Gonna have to bring your PC with you. sleepover at a boardsies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 steve7791

i swear i had a guide on how to move windows store games to a different hdd but cant find it again, unfortunatly scumlord gears 4 for pc isn't being sold on disc just digital which is a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

as i was
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    And open the case to find 10 dvds or a cd key?

Gonna have to bring your PC with you. sleepover at a boardsies :D
    you offering to host the sleepover dreamers? :D

edit: as i was typing my connnection dropped somehow managed to keep it at 22.01 GB downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nothing you can do but just leave PC on day and night while it downloads. I am in the same situation as you Few days ago had to do it for Mafia III. And I have to do it again now for GTA V, even though I downloaded it when it was released on PC but my hard drive corrupted. It's a right pain but nothing I or you can do about it. I used to hate downloading a 6-7GB game now it is 60-70GB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I'm stuck with 1.5mb down, so I bring PC to parents house, 1gb down in 1min. Worth the hassle. Know anyone you can do that with?

download ****ed up at 45gb, had to restart it but got it after 3 days it was a pain but the game is great fun and runs perfect. im using i5-2300cpu its abit below minimum but ive a gtx970 too so its running at 60fps+ constantly at mix of high/ultra

Advertisement