Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chineese roid, Reinstall android

Options
  • 11-10-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have had recent androids from UMI and the sorts, The Hardware was great bang for bucks, however I dont like their versions of android, even when upgrading I cant get rid of the extra software.

So my question is simple, Can I completely wipe their software and install a standard marshmallow android software without the ****ty addons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Simply answer, no.

You don't sound like you really know what you're doing so I'd be wary of giving you any advise about installing a new ROM.

If you google your version of phone and try and see I'd there ROMs available, it's pretty easy once you know how.

If it doesn't bother you too much, of leave it the way it is just in case you'd end up bricking it and not being able to unblock it. Do plenty of reading first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Advice taken,
    Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Google whatever version your phone is along with custom ROM.

Most roms come with pretty foolproof tutorials on how to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Cyanogenmod would be a good ROM for you to start afresh with...it's pretty much stock Android, no crapware on it. There's probably one out there built for your phone. Take a look on XDA Developers.

Advertisement