Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop in 250 - 300 range

Options
  • 11-10-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Really quick simple question. My budget is 300 quid and preferably would like to pick up the laptop in store in Dublin or get it delivered this week, as a thank you to someone who needs one for home use and has done a few favours for me recently.

I'm looking at this one:
    http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE3618352

Anything better out there?

Cheers
    Nalz

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They are good value for money with the 128GB SSD. The main things lacking in it is the CPU, and low enough RAM. It should be fine for everyday tasks, and it will definitely be very snappy with that SSD. Can't go too far wrong.

The Intel Core i3 (5th gen) is 50 more expensive, if it were me buying I think I would try and get the i3. But if the usage will be very basic, there probably wont be much difference.

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=WCE80S20002UK

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into that now. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hiya guys, I had the same query/price range and thought I would hijack this post instead of opening a new thread.

Neither of the links posted above are working for me, just wondering if you could repost the names or links to the two laptops that were discussed. I have had some serious issues with computers lately and I just want one that I can use word on without it having a sh1t attack.

Thanks for any help

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hiya guys, I had the same query/price range and thought I would hijack this post instead of opening a new thread.

Neither of the links posted above are working for me, just wondering if you could repost the names or links to the two laptops that were discussed. I have had some serious issues with computers lately and I just want one that I can use word on without it having a sh1t attack.

Thanks for any help

The links work just fine for me. Try clearing your browser cache perhaps?

Lenovo B50-50 80S2 ...

B50-50 I3-5005U(P) 4G 128G SSD 10H (80S20002UK)

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=WCE80S20002UK

There are loads of Lenovo B50 models... some good, some not so good so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thanks for your help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement