Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Getting ears re pierced

Options
  • 10-10-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

My ears were pierced from about age 8 to 33 when I had my first kid. They kept pulling at my earrings so I stopped wearing them. I was thinking of getting them repierced abs I have questions:

1. How much does it usually cost?
    2. How long does it usually take?
    3. Where is recommended for adults? I'm in Dublin 15 area mostly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I had my ears pierced when I was about 8 but never really wear earrings , only about once or twice a year now. When I want to wear them I just need to push the earrings a bit harder and then they go through the old hole. Have you tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

No because I don't have any earrings now (certainly nothing clean / sterile)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You can reopen the holes yourself with some surgical spirits and vaseline. Buy a pair of gold studs in somewhere like Claire's accessories. Clean the ears and the earrings with the spirits and grease the post of the earrings with the vaseline. Press the stud through gently and twist. I recently redid second piercings like this and it worked a charm.

If you are going to a piercer, go to Snakebite or somewhere similar where they use sterile single use needles...don't get it done with a gun.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Do yourself a favour and get them pierced in a piercing salon rather than with a cheap, unhygienic gun. I don't know places in that part of Dublin but I'm sure there are people in the tattoo/piercing section of boards that can help with that!

Can I get a mod to move this to Piercing please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Tattoos and Piercings, please note forum's charter.

Thanks Twee.

I appreciate any help you find ladies and gents can offer.

E.g. Do I need to make an appointment in the special piercing places? How much is the cost? Anything else I haven't thought about?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Thanks Twee.

I appreciate any help you find ladies and gents can offer.

E.g. Do I need to make an appointment in the special piercing places? How much is the cost? Anything else I haven't thought about?

Most of the tattoo/piercing places are walk in for piercings. cost varies between places anything from 15 to 30quid including the jewellery. Definitely go with proper places and not claires/chemists/anywhere that uses a gun. would only take 5 mins to get it done as well.

Don't know D15 myself but just use some common sense i.e. is the place clean, people seem professional and friendly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

As yours were pierced for so long, they will likely just use an insertion pin (blunt needle) to reopen the holes if you go to a professional body piercer. Usually just the cost for the jewellery, around €10-15. Instead of getting them re-pierced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I didn't wear earrings for 10 years, but they never closed. I'll mirror the above, get it done at a piercing studio. I got mine done with a gun & they never healed properly until I stopped wearing jewelry. I started wearing them again about 5 years ago & haven't had any of the problems I experienced after getting them pierced...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Hey! If you're still looking, if you can make it to the city, Wildcat (wildkat?) Are fantastic. Dani in Dublin ink is good too but she uses surgical steel as opposed to titanium so, not good. As mentioned above don't go near claires and certainly don't use gold to reopen them. Depending how much they've healed it might not need a needle, but your piercer will know when he sees. And cost wise its about 30 euro, wildcats website lets you know. And AFAIK it's walk in - but no harm to ask.

Advertisement