Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this wall light support LEDs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

E27 is a standard screw-in bulb, you can get LED versions of it easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Steve wrote: »
    E27 is a standard screw-in bulb, you can get LED versions of it easily enough.

Hi Steve

I'm finding it hard to determine if lights are low energy of not...most websites descriptions of lights/lamps they sell is teriible!

Would these two support LEDs?
    http://www.hickenlighting.com/products/outdoor/external-wall-lights/as-0381-detroit.html
    http://nationallighting.ie/shop/nl-229776-rox-updown-outdoor-wall-light/

I'm looking for a stainless stell up/down lighters like these that give off a decent bit of light.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The fittings you linked use GU10 lamps. You can get these in LED easily enough. 6W LED ~= 50W halogen .

The fittings you linked use GU10 lamps. You can get these in LED easily enough. 6W LED ~= 50W halogen .

So that will support up to a max of about 6w LED?

• Advertisement

No, what I'm saying is buy the light fitting you want that looks good / suits your needs. If it comes with halogen bulbs, take them out, bin them, and fit the LED ones.

Any fitting that will take GU10 halogen bulbs will take the LED replacements.

The only issue you will have is if you want to use a dimmer - then you need dimmable LED's and a dimmer switch that is suitable. For on/off light, use the bulb I linked to or an equivalent :)

No, what I'm saying is buy the light fitting you want that looks good / suits your needs. If it comes with halogen bulbs, take them out, bin them, and fit the LED ones.

Any fitting that will take GU10 halogen bulbs will take the LED replacements.

The only issue you will have is if you want to use a dimmer - then you need dimmable LED's and a dimmer switch that is suitable. For on/off light, use the bulb I linked to or an equivalent :)

I got an email from I'm them with quote and they quoted €98 for each recommended lamp! Are they for real? Didn't say what the lamp was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

Help us to help you. You are not very clear - you got an email from whom? The lamps you linked to above had prices on them. As Steve said above, buy the fitting; bin the bulbs and replace with LED bulbs. A LED replacement bulb costs no more than a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Well if they find some willing to pay €150 for that lamp then why not chance getting another €98 for €15 worth of bulbs :)

OP just buy the light and then bring it into a hardware shop and pick up some LED bulbs for it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

colm_mcm wrote:
    OP just buy the light and then bring it into a hardware shop and pick up some LED bulbs for it

I'd be surprised if IKEA didn't have a bulb

Or even the whole thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lidl are selling the nice filament style E27 bulbs for €4.99 in their specials. Saw them in store today

Advertisement