Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower Hotel Sold

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was in there for a job interview last year - it felt like an battleship upstairs with horrid grey painted narrow corridors that snaked this way and that. Whole place needs gutting and re-configuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I worked there for 5 years ending in 1998, there had been refurbishment upstair but not much, it's true it needs work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Have used it a number of times in the last few years for functions but I haven't stayed there for 20 years, but no complaints, I like the bar area....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Yes it’s a well run hotel alright, it’s just the layout of the building upstairs is a bit of mess. I suspect that next year you’ll see planning permission submitted to redevelop it, maybe even knocking it completely and rebuilding from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Im sure FBD had purchased the old royal bar and all other buildings adjoining the hotel and had plans to extend, I wonder were they included in the sale and will the new owners develop the site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Jambo wrote: »
    Im sure FBD had purchased the old royal bar and all other buildings adjoining the hotel and had plans to extend, I wonder were they included in the sale and will the new owners develop the site?

The adjoining buildings are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

BBM77 wrote: »
    Yes it’s a well run hotel alright, it’s just the layout of the building upstairs is a bit of mess. I suspect that next year you’ll see planning permission submitted to redevelop it, maybe even knocking it completely and rebuilding from scratch.

Dont think knocking it completely and rebuilding it would be an option as there's so many events that take place there each year (CTI grads, weddings, Xmas party's etc) and the gym\pool area is always busy.

Nice hotel with good staff and top notch food. The Xmas party nights are always good there and the bar is one of the best in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Does anybody know what price it sold for?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

they better honour our anniversary meal next february that was promised when we booked our wedding:D

Advertisement