Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help and tips for a first timer buyer for a mobile home?

Options
  • 10-10-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all, can anyone give me some tips.

Myself and my wife have always wanted to get a mobile home.

We have a new baby and we are thinking about getting one for next summer or if we think the baby is stil too young we will wait until the following summer.

We are in Cork city and looking for somewhere that I can drive from to and from.

I guess I'm looking for any advice possible so what ever anyone with experience can give me I'll be delighted.

So what kind of prices would we pay for a decent mobile home?

What areas (options) have we got and there prices?

What kind of money for the rent?

What add ons are there and bills?

How to get the best use out of a mobile?

Anything else I should know?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kerrymum

Hi all, can anyone give me some tips.

Myself and my wife have always wanted to get a mobile home.

We have a new baby and we are thinking about getting one for next summer or if we think the baby is stil too young we will wait until the following summer.

We are in Cork city and looking for somewhere that I can drive from to and from.

I guess I'm looking for any advice possible so what ever anyone with experience can give me I'll be delighted.

So what kind of prices would we pay for a decent mobile home?

What areas (options) have we got and there prices?

What kind of money for the rent?

What add ons are there and bills?

How to get the best use out of a mobile?

Anything else I should know?

Thank you

Morning Damien!
    We lived in a mobile home from November last to April this year because we has a horrific oil leak in our house.
    I was surprised how spacious it was, and even more suprised at how comfortable it was.
    We got through all the storms no bother.
    I would confidently tell you that your baby would be quite comfortable in one.

How much you pay for one is up to you! What are you hoping to spend? We have not sold our one yet.

My sister had a mobile home on a kerry beach a few years back, I dont remember what the cost per year was but to get value for money you would want to use it frequently - rent it to family or friends for weekends you are not using it!

Advertisement