Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vango Storm Shelter

Options
  • 10-10-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to get one of these for "worst case scenario" when I'm out with 5/6 other lads, or to take a break from bad weather when I'm out with my wife and son.
    Does anyone have either the 400 (4 person) or 200 (2 person) and have they ever used it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I have the 400, never used it, but it goes in the bag just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭tphase

I have the 400. Used it twice to get out of rain but never in an emergency. It's grand but gets a bit steamy and stuffy after a while, especially with 4 in it.
    Used to bring it on every walk, just in case. However it's quite a bit of bulk in a small day bag so I got myself a cheap poncho instead as a one-man shelter.
    If I was buying again, I'd go for the 200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I have the 200, perfect for you and the family in an emergency. The 400 would be better if you actually wanted to sit down for lunch and use in a non emergency situation.

Brilliant little things. Used its for lunch stops in bad weather etc. Thanksfully not been used in an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

What size do these kits break down to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

From less than 1 to about 2 litres, depending on size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭josip

Won't know until mine is delivered later this week.
    You get a good idea of the 200 size here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭josip

Here's the relative size of the 400 I got.
    http://imgur.com/a/wVdzC
    I reasoned that the most likely use would be either for breaks for wife+son+me in bad weather or more unlikely an emergency shelter for 5-6 grown ups (leg
    breaks, etc).
    So the 400 suited my needs better than the 200.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Meant to take a picture for you, but it slipped my mind. Hopefully you won't need for an emergency. Happy sheltering.

Advertisement