Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon free £5 with £100 topup

Options
  • 10-10-2016 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭

Saw this over on hotukdeals.

Amazon will give you a free £5 if you buy £100 worth of giftcards. A nice cherry on top if you are on a spending spree with the present Sterling situation.

There is also a "£3 when you top up by £60" so i took that instead, and then tried a second time and that worked again so i got £6/£120, YMMV. i qualify for the £5 but i'm all purchased out for the evening.

I read on the thread that some people are getting the £5/£100 and seem to be getting topped up for the £60 as well so receiving £8/£100 so maybe try qualifying for the £3 first.

Best of luck

£5
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=11301833031&tag=ho01f-21

£3
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=10638201031&tag=ho01f-21

Edit
    i just clicked the £3 there and qualified, then the £5 and qualified and threw in a £100 to see what would happen and i got credited with another £8, so happy days.

Update Edit.

Looks like the £3 for £60 has been ended, so the £8/£100 glitch is rectified.
    £5 for 100 is still on though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I only got the £3 credit but a quick chat and I got the extra 5. The representative had no idea what I was on about and I had to send the link above. They did say something about a promo about ordering £30 of stuff and getting £7 credit free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Not eligible for either. What are the criteria even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Not sure, but it's the first one I've qualified for since last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Excellent, actually got 108 for a 100 top up so well worth it in prep for black friday, unless sterling drops by another 8% before then which would eat up this profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Doge

Was eligible for the £5 free and was planning to buy something to the value of the topup. Thanks a lot OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

Did the extra credit show up immediately on your account? I clicked and it told me that I was eligible but I can only see the £100 balance in my top up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I you've availed of these historically chances are you will be ineligible for this offer like me :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

i did £100 directly ('cause I just cant seem to follow BA instructions properly!) and got £108 in credit so was awarded the £3 bonus as well. Happy days, good spot OP.
    BTW, I always try these promotions and usually get "you do not qualify" message. This time it went smoothly.
    I'll try my GF's account as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

slave1 wrote: »
    I you've availed of these historically chances are you will be ineligible for this offer like me :(

Will they email you to say you weren't? When I clicked on the link it told me I was eligible but then I topped up as only the 100 showed up on my account. I did avail of a similar offer before so maybe that's it?

Orchid wrote: »
    Will they email you to say you weren't? When I clicked on the link it told me I was eligible but then I topped up as only the 100 showed up on my account. I did avail of a similar offer before so maybe that's it?

It showed up in my gift card section within a minute. Get on to CS if it didn't, I'm sure they will apply it for you if it said you were eligible

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Orchid wrote: »

If you are not eligible then when you click on the OP link it will simply state your are not eligible for the offer on the AMZ screen

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I was topped up by £5 on £100, should I be getting an extra £3?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

christeb wrote: »
    I was topped up by £5 on £100, should I be getting an extra £3?
    Yes I got £108 for topping up £100 in a single shot. I only realized that because I went in to top up another £60 thinking I had to do that to get the add'l £3 but then I saw my balance was £108

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Yes I got £108 for topping up £100 in a single shot. I only realized that because I went in to top up another £60 thinking I had to do that to get the add'l £3 but then I saw my balance was £108

I only got £105!

tglynn wrote: »
    I only got £105!

I was onto chat about it, nothing extra forthcoming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Thank you for your interest in Top Up. The promotion is now over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

I got £108, I clicked the first £3 link and then clicked the £5 link and bought using that and got the free £8.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

I got the £108 after clicking on both links..
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I got the 105, should've read the thread closer before buying, but had been planning buying a bit of sterling to take account of the good rates, so the fiver is a nice bonus :)

Works out as £105 for €110.96 using revolut - happy days - cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

How long does it take for the £5 to show up on your balance?

• Advertisement

Jilm wrote: »
    How long does it take for the £5 to show up on your balance?

almost instantaneous for me

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

christeb wrote: »
    almost instantaneous for me

It didn't work for me after claiming I was eligible. Just emailed support.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RandomUsername

I topped up with £100 and got the extra £5 it looks like they have closed the £8 loophole

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

I just topped up with 100 and got the extra 5. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

Jilm wrote: »
    It didn't work for me after claiming I was eligible. Just emailed support.

Same here. They told me if 5+3 are not credited until 48h from purchase, to get back in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

Got back to them last night and they credited 5+3 manually this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just got the 105 there now, top up was almost instant with the extra fiver,I used my revolut for the first time and a quick question on that, I topped it up in sterling and tried to pay the 100 quid then but Amazon still charged the card in euro and it rejected the payment saying I didn't have enough balance.

Can anyone let me know how I use the card in sterling??

Just got the 105 there now, top up was almost instant with the extra fiver,I used my revolut for the first time and a quick question on that, I topped it up in sterling and tried to pay the 100 quid then but Amazon still charged the card in euro and it rejected the payment saying I didn't have enough balance.

Can anyone let me know how I use the card in sterling??

If you have enough cash in revolut of any one currency it should automatically exchange to Sterling for you, (maybe you have a mix £50 and E70? that might not work), but it also sounds to me like Amazon have the card set as in Euro, you can change that in the settings(and should because Amazons FX rate is abysmal).

try>Your Account>turn off Amazon currency convertor

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Satriale wrote: »
    If you have enough cash in revolut of any one currency it should automatically exchange to Sterling for you, (maybe you have a mix £50 and E70? that might not work), but it also sounds to me like Amazon have the card set as in Euro, you can change that in the settings(and should because Amazons FX rate is abysmal).

try>Your Account>turn off Amazon currency convertor

Ah yes thanks its the card being set as euro in Amazon! Thanks for pointing that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Still working by the way... topped up £100 this evening and got £5 in a few minutes.

Advertisement