Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a cheap pc for minecraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There's a version for Raspberry Pi.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There's a version for Raspberry Pi.

They have it already on xbox one. They want to play the full pc version with mods etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just get a cheap 2nd hand desktop off Adverts. You'd get a PC to suit the bill excellently for €150-200.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just get a cheap 2nd hand desktop off Adverts. You'd get a PC to suit the bill excellently for €150-200.

I dunno, Minecraft can be surprisingly system heavy for such a basic-looking game. Running a game and running a game with crappy frame rate, stuttering, and long loading delays, are very different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Zillah wrote: »
    I dunno, Minecraft can be surprisingly system heavy for such a basic-looking game. Running a game and running a game with crappy frame rate, stuttering, and long loading delays, are very different things.

What would you recommend Zillah ? Do you think its possible to get something capable of playing the game with mods at a decent frame rate for under €250. Ive a monitor and keyboard etc.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »

200-250 would get you a 2nd/3rd gen i3 with 4GB ram and a semi-decent card for Minecraft. That's definitely more than enough to enjoy the game at fairly solid levels. In fact, such a setup would be decent for far more demanding games than Minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/p6MXf8

If I was you I would pick up these parts for 270 delivered from mindfactory.de then grab a 2nd hand video card and case for an extra 100 off Adverts.

It will be new, upgradeable and probably a lot better than anything you pick up for 250 pre-built.

It will also be well able for anything Minecraft can throw at it and the build itself will be a fun project for you and the kids. It's easy peasy, I swear.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/p6MXf8
    It will be new, upgradeable and probably a lot better than anything you pick up for 250 pre-built.

Actually, not really - it has the advantage of being brand new with warranty but again, for 250 you can get yourself a 2nd or 3rd gen i3 with 8GB of ram and something like a GTX750.

Would play any game on the market including the latest AAA titles, whereas the G4400 can't cope with most of those titles due to the lack of HT.

Obviously the G4400 is more than enough for the likes of Minecraft and similar games aimed at kids and it would have a warranty.

But it absolutely can be done for €250 2nd hand, €200 if needs be even, whilst still guaranteeing a smooth experience in Minecraft.

Advertisement