Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble picking between these 2

Options
  • 09-10-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, i'm on a bit of a budget and have been looking for a laptop for college, general use and a small bit of games (i don't mind lower setting :P)

Both these are coming in at around €440-450 range

Dell..............................HP
    amd a10-8700P..............i5-6200U
    8GB ddr3 ram.................4 GB ddr4
    1Tb hdd........................500GB hdd
    Radeon R6 M345DX.........Integrated HD 520
    1366 x 768....................1920 x 1080

i forgot my old login, so this new account can't post links so,

search for "W4N13EA#ABU" in hpshop.ie Incl. Vat: €440.75

search for "Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series 15.6 inch Laptop (AMD Carrizo A10-8700P 1.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10) - Silver" in amazon.co.uk £373.29

Opinions?? thoughts?? or can you find better?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd take the HP personally - uses less power, better performance, much better screen - but what kind of games are you looking to play? Be fine for stuff like CS GO, Warcraft etc but AAA titles like Battlefield, Fallout, Black Ops 3 etc would be totally unplayable even at the lowest settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

HP, but its likely soldered RAM and 4GB will end up limiting you. If I could get 6 or 8 for 500 I'd do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shrikes

It does say
    "2 SODIMM slots, non customer accessible/upgradeable (models with Intel® Core™ i7-6500U. i5-6200U, i3-5005U processors);"
    so should be an easy upgrade, but good point, i never thought to check if it was soldered

It's simple games like warcraft and not the latest games (never buy anything that's not on sale lol)

Advertisement