Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper Foil

Options
  • 08-10-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy self adhesive copper foil. Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Do you mean the thin stuff you use in stained glass and terrarium?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fergalm

Hi yes that is whay I am looking for. I used some many years ago. iwill also be looking for copper sulphate, I think that is what i used to age the copper.

any info for me re copper foil

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Info here.

http://bfy.tw/8CeQ

Thank you Endaci

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

You can buy self adhesive copper foil from www.pangurbawn.com. He supplies various widths and is based in Cavan.
    Otherwise ebay/amazon or any stained glass supply shops.

Copper sulphate...is that to patina the foil? Pangur would also sell black and copper patina, but that goes directly on the solder, not sure of it's effect directly on the copper foil.

many thanks for your help. Yes the copper sulphate helps to age the copper and the solder, like as you see in copper roofs, they turn green.

Advertisement