Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Physics Textbook for LC

Options
  • 08-10-2016 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm taking Physics (H) for LC and we don't use a textbook in class. I find it hard to learn without a textbook guiding me through the syllabus. (He calls out the notes and we write them down).
    I've been looking at Physics Plus from Edco. And since I use Biology Plus, I'd be familiar with the layout and all?

Thanks guys, what do you recommend?
    (I'm in fifth year at the moment)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LC2017

would not recommend physics plus at all. The amount of unneeded material in it is a joke. Everything is laid out in big blocks of writing so it's extremely hard to find key points.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

We use Real World Physics. It's average...diagrams are scarce and it doesn't really prepare you for actual exam questions, it's grand for definitions though. Physics is one of those subjects where a textbook can only help you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

We used Real World Physics but tbh we only ever really used it for Exercises and Questions. Our teacher gave us hand-outs for the Modern Physics chapter though and I think they were from Physics Plus (can't find them atm).

Tbh it might be worth your while just getting a revision guide and exam papers. Read through the revision guide for an idea of how it's going and then do questions in the papers. It'd probably be the best way to go about it.

Advertisement