Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~100 Quid 10 inch Tablet

Options
  • 08-10-2016 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Looking for opinions..

I want to get an Android or Windows tablet mainly for Kodi and don't wanna spend too much on it as I have an iPad so don't need all the bells and whistles just something that runs Kodi smoothly.

I have narrowed it down to the tablets below, anyone care to advise which is the best of them or if there is a better tablet in this price range I have missed? The are all around 100 to 125 pound sterling.

Acer Iconia B3-A20, 10-inch 16GB, Quad Core, 1GB RAM

Lenovo Tab A10-30 10.1 Inch 16GB, Quad Core, 2GB RAM

Windows Connect 10-inch 32GB, Intel Atom, 2GB RAM

Windows 10 Fusion5® Ultra Slim Windows Tablet 10 inch 32GB - 2GB RAM

Comments

Looking for opinions..

I want to get an Android or Windows tablet mainly for Kodi and don't wanna spend too much on it as I have an iPad so don't need all the bells and whistles just something that runs Kodi smoothly.

I have narrowed it down to the tablets below, anyone care to advise which is the best of them or if there is a better tablet in this price range I have missed? The are all around 100 to 125 pound sterling.

Acer Iconia B3-A20, 10-inch 16GB, Quad Core, 1GB RAM

Lenovo Tab A10-30 10.1 Inch 16GB, Quad Core, 2GB RAM

Windows Connect 10-inch 32GB, Intel Atom, 2GB RAM

Windows 10 Fusion5® Ultra Slim Windows Tablet 10 inch 32GB - 2GB RAM

What are the different screens like? I'd say that's pretty important if you're looking at media consumption.

I'd avoid the one with 1gb ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Screen details below, I would appear they are all on par with each other in this department..

Acer Iconia

Display & Graphics

Screen Size 10.1"
    Screen Type - IPS LCD
    Touchscreen - Y
    Screen Resolution - 1280 x 800 pixels

Lenovo A10-30

Display:

10.1 inch screen.
    Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels.
    IPS technology.
    Multi-touch screen.
    LED backlit display.

10" Windows 10 Fusion5®
    10'' GRAPHIC DISPLAY FOR OPTIMAL VIEWING - the 10'' screen on this Windows 10 tablet PC by Fusion5 is perfect for viewing our favourite TV shows, movies, Youtube and playing games!

Windows Connect

Display & Graphics

Screen Size 10.1"
    Screen Type - IPS LCD

Screen details below, I would appear they are all on par with each other in this department..

Acer Iconia

Display & Graphics

Screen Size 10.1"
    Screen Type - IPS LCD
    Touchscreen - Y

Lenovo A10-30

Display:

10.1 inch screen.
    Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels.
    IPS technology.
    Multi-touch screen.
    LED backlit display.

10" Windows 10 Fusion5®
    10'' GRAPHIC DISPLAY FOR OPTIMAL VIEWING - the 10'' screen on this Windows 10 tablet PC by Fusion5 is perfect for viewing our favourite TV shows, movies, Youtube and playing games!

Windows Connect

Display & Graphics

Screen Size 10.1"
    Screen Type - IPS LCD

From what I can see, both those Android tabs are 1gb, which isn't ideal, but would probably suffice.

Personally I'd go for one of the Android ones over windows because there are other Android apps that do the same job as Kodi, but are easier to use.

You sure about the 1GB Ram? This is what is says on the Argos website

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-30 10.1 Inch 16GB Tablet - White.

The Lenovo Tab 2 has everything you need from a tablet at an affordable price. Big on entertainment with a stunning 10.1" HD display and dual speakers booming with Dolby Atmos technology. 16 GB of internal storage for all your music, plus a micro SD slot so you can expand your storage up to 64GB. Perfect for gaming, music and watching movies. 

The Tab 2 is powered by a quad-core MediaTek ARM Cortex-A7 processor and 2GB of RAM. Giving you all the power you need to smoothly navigate your tablet and apps.

The Tab 2 has an epic battery life of 10 hours, so you can use it on the go without fear of the battery running out. Despite the large screen it's surprisingly lightweight, so can enjoy movies, web browsing and reading where ever you are. 

Multi Dolby Atmos Cinematic speakers bring the Tab 2 the best audio experience, fully immersing you in the action

You sure about the 1GB Ram? This is what is says on the Argos website

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-30 10.1 Inch 16GB Tablet - White.

The Lenovo Tab 2 has everything you need from a tablet at an affordable price. Big on entertainment with a stunning 10.1" HD display and dual speakers booming with Dolby Atmos technology. 16 GB of internal storage for all your music, plus a micro SD slot so you can expand your storage up to 64GB. Perfect for gaming, music and watching movies. 

The Tab 2 is powered by a quad-core MediaTek ARM Cortex-A7 processor and 2GB of RAM. Giving you all the power you need to smoothly navigate your tablet and apps.

The Tab 2 has an epic battery life of 10 hours, so you can use it on the go without fear of the battery running out. Despite the large screen it's surprisingly lightweight, so can enjoy movies, web browsing and reading where ever you are. 

Multi Dolby Atmos Cinematic speakers bring the Tab 2 the best audio experience, fully immersing you in the action

As far as I can see, the one in the price bracket you're looking at is 1gb ram. There's another that is 1080p and 2gb ram for around €200.

• Advertisement

It clearly says 2GB RAM on the argos website and the tablet 110 pound. I've looked on other websites and some say the A10-30il is 1GB and others say its 2GB which doesn't help matters

It clearly says 2GB RAM on the argos website and the tablet 110 pound. I've looked on other websites and some say the A10-30il is 1GB and others say its 2GB which doesn't help matters

Yeah, it's a good price if it is 2gb. Have seen 3 different combinations of RAM/screen for that tablet. Pretty confusing.

Basil3 wrote:
    Yeah, it's a good price if it is 2gb. Have seen 3 different combinations of RAM/screen for that tablet. Pretty confusing.

Yeah confusing is right. I might have to contact argos and ask them before taking the plunge.

Before I do, are there any tablets I am missing below the 150 mark that I should consider?

Any thoughts on the Fusion 5 108?

Technical Details

Brand Name: Fusion5
    Item model number: 108
    Operating System: Google Android 5.1 Lollipop

Screen Size: 10.6 inches
    Display: 10.6-inch TFT LCD Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixels IPS Screen LCD Viewing Angle / Brightness 170 degree / 250cd/m2 Touch Panel Multi-Touch Capacitive IPS

Processor: A83T, Cortex-A7, Octa Core, 1.8GHz
    GPU PowerVR SGX544
    RAM: 2 GB DDR3

Hard Drive: 16 GB
    Wireless Type: 802.11 B/G, 802.11b/g/n, 802.11B
    Bluetooth: Yes

Network 2G: Not Supported
    3G: Support 3G USB Dongle (Few models)
    Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 1

Processor Count: 8
    Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
    Dual Camera: Front Camera 2.0MP, Rear Camera 5.0MP

G-sensor: Yes
    Built In HDMI: Supported
    Speaker & MIC: Built In Hi-Fi Speaker x 2 & MIC

I/O
    1 x Micro USB Port
    1 x USB 2.0
    1 x TF Card Slot
    1 x Earphone Jack
    1 x HDMI
    1 x DC In

Expandable memory up to an additional 64GB
    Language Support: Multiple Languages
    Audio Format: MP3, WMA, MP2, OGG, AAC, APE, WAV

Video Format: AVI, 3GP, MP4, MKV, WMV, MOV
    Photo Format: JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG
    Google Play store: installed
    GPS: No

Did you end up going for any of them? Seems I'm in the market for a cheap tablet myself...

• Advertisement

Yeah I ordered the Fusion 5 108 through Amazon. It's on its way, I will let you know what it's like when it arrives

Have it a few days now and seems like very good value. The screen could be a bit better and the speakers are on the back but overall it works well and runs kodi smoothly so I'm happy with it for the money I paid.

Advertisement