Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naturalisation Questions

Options
  • 07-10-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am a British citizen currently in the process of applying for Irish citizenship via naturalisation and think I have pretty much everything covered before I submit, however I have a few questions that I don't seem to be able to get clarification on (I have tried calling INIS during their limited opening hours but can't get through!)

1) As part of the initial application, the original of your current passport/ID is required to be sent in to INIS - I presume this is returned to you after the initial week of processing?

2) I am required to submit bank statements for all my bank accounts for at least 3 of the previous 6 months. Is this all bank accounts I hold in Ireland, or does this include any bank accounts I hold in other countries as well? (I have a bank account in the UK)

3) I have lived in Ireland more than the required 5 years in the last 9 years, and will have also been living here for the 365 consecutive days prior to my application. However, for 2.5 months between the end of July to September 2014 I travelled to the UK for an internship, also visiting my family members and returning to Ireland at the end of September. During this time I was still renting/paying my bills and utilities in Ireland, so would this a) be classed as time I was a resident in the state and b) do I put down my Irish address in section 4 for this period, including details of absence from the state for more than 6 weeks in a year on a separate sheet as per section 5.6 of Form 8?

If anyone could help clarify the above I would be extremely grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry but you cannot get legal advice on this forum
    Suggest you contact your solicitor
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement