Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry Smoke Olympia Sat April 1st

Options
  • 07-10-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

The Smoke are returning, playign the Olympia on Sat 1st April, tickets only 23.50 which for htis band is a bargain

Amazing live band, well worth heading in for that price

Here's the new single from upcoming album, sounds a belter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Great to see them back so soon as they said they would be. Lucky us. Superb show last time out & Saturday night will surely draw a big crowd. Would rather see them in Vicar St or Academy again but first world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

edhead wrote: »
    Great to see them back so soon as they said they would be. Lucky us. Superb show last time out & Saturday night will surely draw a big crowd. Would rather see them in Vicar St or Academy again but first world problems.

it's an MCD gig so Vicar St is out, and would have been The Academy but it's booked out for that night

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

standing tickets appear to be sold out on ticketmaster, looks like a good crowd heading for this in a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭flasher0030

That’s a bit of a shock to me. I was at academy last year, and it didn’t sell out. I presume Olympia is a fair step up from the Academy in terms of crowd capacity.

Unless it’s Ticketmaster playing mind games, trying to stir up a few last minute sales by faking that the standing tickets are sold out.
    I really hope the standing tickets do come back on sale this week. I kept meaning to buy tickets, but constantly put it off.

Great live band. A steal at €23.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That’s a bit of a shock to me. I was at academy last year, and it didn’t sell out. I presume Olympia is a fair step up from the Academy in terms of crowd capacity.

Unless it’s Ticketmaster playing mind games, trying to stir up a few last minute sales by faking that the standing tickets are sold out.
    I really hope the standing tickets do come back on sale this week. I kept meaning to buy tickets, but constantly put it off.

Great live band. A steal at €23.

Not that much of a shock really, Academy holds 1,000, Olympia maybe 150/200 more but a lot of that is seating, holds maybe 600 standing, that's just over half the academy size, guess plenty of seats to be had and upper circle may well be closed off.

Cracking band and agreed, cracking price

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not that much of a shock really, Academy holds 1,000, Olympia maybe 150/200 more but a lot of that is seating, holds maybe 600 standing, that's just over half the academy size, guess plenty of seats to be had and upper circle may well be closed off.

Ok. Thanks. Didn't know that. I thought the Olympia would hold twice as many as the Academy. Will keep an eye on toutless so for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I feel dirty for doing this but....I just picked up a standing ticket on SeatWave *spit* and even including their rip-off add-on fees, it was still cheaper than buying a ticket on Ticketb@stard

I'll get the wire brush and Dettol...

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

scudzilla wrote: »

Incorrect..
    Olympia in standing configuration is around 1600 capacity.
    Fully seated is less, but this show will be standing. Obviously circle and upper circle remain seated, but overall total is 1600 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Sold out according to tour poster non their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Not sold out
    Tickets available in Circle and Upper circle and some production releases this afternoon also, good seats on front row of circle

• Advertisement

Enjoyed that gig a lot. I thought the whole atmosphere in the Olympia was much better than Academy last year.
    Maybe it’s just me, but they could ramp up the encore a bit. It seems more like an afterthought, rather than the climax of a gig. But that aside, that band are tight as hell. Delighted to hear Restless live.
    Big crowd there.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

They are back again in November .....The Stadium

Advertisement