Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - Forgotten Password and Details

Options
  • 07-10-2016 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am not really sure where else this would fit in on boards.ie. My mom bought a laptop last christmas in Currys. My brother set it up with a password and account but he cant remember what it is. My mom barely used it and hasn't got a clue either.

She wants to start and try using it again but I have no idea about how to access it. My sister got the same one and still has the receipt but my mom doesnt know where hers is

Any ideas about how to access it?

If mods know somewhere more suitable please move it.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

richy wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am not really sure where else this would fit in on boards.ie. My mom bought a laptop last christmas in Currys. My brother set it up with a password and account but he cant remember what it is. My mom barely used it and hasn't got a clue either.

She wants to start and try using it again but I have no idea about how to access it. My sister got the same one and still has the receipt but my mom doesnt know where hers is

Any ideas about how to access it?

If mods know somewhere more suitable please move it.

Thanks

Is there anything on it that needs to be kept? If not, should be pretty easy to reinstall. Just Google factory reset and whatever model it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

MarkR wrote: »
    Is there anything on it that needs to be kept? If not, should be pretty easy to reinstall. Just Google factory reset and whatever model it is.

No nothing at all. I will look for the factory reset. Will it still have the OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

richy wrote: »
    No nothing at all. I will look for the factory reset. Will it still have the OS?

Yes - it will be wiped back to a clean install (as in when it was bought) and will take you through a new set-up where your mother can put a password all of her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Yes - it will be wiped back to a clean install (as in when it was bought) and will take you through a new set-up where your mother can put a password all of her own.

Much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement