Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair lost property

Options
  • 05-10-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Ryanair lost property
    Hi all,
    I have lost my compact white camera Olympus Z1 in black/grey cover on Ryanair aircraft on the way back from holidays on 24th September 2016.
    Flight from Fuerteventura to Dublin, arrived around 5:15PM on Saturday.
    My seats were 5D/E.
    I don't know if that aircraft went elsewhere later on.

If anyone have found that camera and will post me will be rewarded.

Camera is a few years old and its not much worth at all.
    I am mostly sorry for all of family pictures and movies made during holidays.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

the aircraft was EI-DPD

you can use the following contacts and see if any of the Lost&Found offices have it:
    https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage-tracing/left-something-in-the-airport-on-the-aircraft

After landing in Dublin, EI-DPD continued on to Katowice and then back to Dublin to spend the night and be prepared for the next day. So it either ended up in Dublin or Katowice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

oktan80 wrote: »
    Ryanair lost property
    Hi all,
    I have lost my compact white camera Olympus Z1 in black/grey cover on Ryanair aircraft on the way back from holidays on 24th September 2016.
    Flight from Fuerteventura to Dublin, arrived around 5:15PM on Saturday.
    My seats were 5D/E.
    I don't know if that aircraft went elsewhere later on.

If anyone have found that camera and will post me will be rewarded.

Camera is a few years old and its not much worth at all.
    I am mostly sorry for all of family pictures and movies made during holidays.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
    Sounds like an obvious one however, I presume that you have you contacted Ryanair (+ 353 1 8121367) directly on the matter and that this post is just a last resort?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 oktan80

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Sounds like an obvious one however, I presume that you have you contacted Ryanair (+ 353 1 8121367) directly on the matter and that this post is just a last resort?

I have contacted customer service but just to confirm that ryanair has no such depot like lost and found and was sent out to daa lost and found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

You have a zero chance of getting anything back left on any aircraft; you can read the internet and boards here about what goes on with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

You have a zero chance of getting anything back left on any aircraft; you can read the internet and boards here about what goes on with that.

Belive it or not I got my wallet back of a fr flight from Copenhagen this year. Wallet back with everything in...cards cash etc.

It does happen. You just need to ring the airline asap. It'll end up in the daa lost and found in the t1 car park. You'll pay to get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Rule 1: never, ever leave anything in the seat pocket. Nothing.Always check that you have everything that you sat down with, before you even stand up. So, check that you have your wallet or purse, phone,keys, driving license, passport, Kindles/laptop, glasses, glasses holders, cash, identity cards, cameras,etc,etc before you get off the aircraft, as the further away from the aircraft you get, the harder it becomes to get back to it, to reclaim your possessions.
    Rule 2: never put anything into the seat pocket unless you absolutely have to. It's really called a literature pocket as it'd purely for the Company magazine and sales brochures and the safety card and sick bag. It's not designed to be a bin and because it's slim and deep, it's very effective at hiding your stuff.Especially if you jam a water bottle or coffee cup or sweet wrapper down on top of your wallet.
    Rule 3: once the punters leave, the aircraft will be visited by engineers/cleaners/loaders/refuellers/caterers, both inside and out and the pilots and cabin crew will be getting off.So, a lot of people will be in or around the aircraft during the turnaround and any one of them could pick up your lost item and decide to (a) give it to lost property (b) keep it (c)keep the contents, ie, cash (d) throw it out (e) give it to the load supervisor, who may do any of the previous. Going to Lost Property, either the airline's or the DAA's or the Airport Police can be a right pain in the arse for airline staff, so a lot of them won't do it and will simply leave stuff there, either on board or in the airbridge or in the terminal near the gate. Theft is, unfortunately, inevitable.
    Rule 4: when you do go to Lost Property, give the most accurate description that you can, especially of identifying marks or unusual colours or covers. It increases the odds of getting a laptop back, if it is not the usual grey or black colour. If you don't know the model number or serial number before you travel, find them and write them down at home so that you or someone else can find that number on request. Again, it increases the odds for you.
    Rule 5: be persistent with LP staff. They have a lot of requests to deal with and can fob you off if you let them.If you have any airport contacts, get them to go to LP and search for you.
    Rule 6: the most common things in LP are; umbrellas, glasses, phones and laptops, chargers, items of clothing, childrens toys, neck comforters, identity documents, books and paperwork, hats, scarves, gloves. Often, the LP people have so many generic items that they will simply stand the collection boxes at the public desk, so that if you want to find a generic item like a brolly or a phone charger, you can rummage in the boxes to find a suitable one. incidentally, if glasses are not claimed, they tend to be given to charity for testing and distribution to poor countries.
    Rule 7: Stay in charge of your property.Airports are a magnet for pickpockets and opportunist thieves.

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Rule 1: never, ever leave anything in the seat pocket. Nothing.Always check that you have everything that you sat down with, before you even stand up. So, check that you have your wallet or purse, phone,keys, driving license, passport, Kindles/laptop, glasses, glasses holders, cash, identity cards, cameras,etc,etc before you get off the aircraft, as the further away from the aircraft you get, the harder it becomes to get back to it, to reclaim your possessions.
    Rule 2: never put anything into the seat pocket unless you absolutely have to. It's really called a literature pocket as it'd purely for the Company magazine and sales brochures and the safety card and sick bag. It's not designed to be a bin and because it's slim and deep, it's very effective at hiding your stuff.Especially if you jam a water bottle or coffee cup or sweet wrapper down on top of your wallet.
    Good sound advice which applies to all forms of mass transport, trains, buses, ferries, aviation. Howeve Rules 1 & 2 do not apply to Ryanair as they do not have seat/literature pockets, except seats 1A and 2F.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I once left my return tickets in the seat pocket on a Dan Air 748 from Bristol to Cardiff. Luckly I had my passport with me and got sorted at the airport two days later. Not a pleasent experience I must say. How would I explain it to my O/H.:D

roundymac wrote: »
    I once left my return tickets in the seat pocket on a Dan Air 748 from Bristol to Cardiff. Luckly I had my passport with me and got sorted at the airport two days later. Not a pleasent experience I must say. How would I explain it to my O/H.:D

I can understand losing the ticket. But your post does beg the question, why were you flying Bristol to Cardiff? Last I checked they were less than 50 miles apart. Passport controls between England and Wales? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I can understand losing the ticket. But your post does beg the question why were you flying Bristol to Cardiff? Last I checked the were less than 50 miles apart :D

It like £3.60 to take the train !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

eh? if it gets to the correct person, then it will be sent back. i know people whove had stuff left on planes and delivered back to them.

of course you may meet some scum who will steal what they see, but id like to think theres enough people out there to see at least 90% of things given back.

as homerjay sez, 90% of things do get back. What goes unnoticed is that a huge amount of stuff is left to the LP office by airline staff and they often go well out of their way to see that it gets there.It's also not unknown for LP staff to help themselves, which is why frontline airline staff get very cagey now and take pictures of their findings before they hand it in.

My experience is somewhat different to yours. Perhaps you could post some links to the stories you refer too?

Here's one for you, Pat. I went on board on of our A320s to begin the daily inspection. You have to pass the galley to enter the cockpit and there was nothing on the galley worktop. Our cleaners were just finishing their cleanup and were leaving, some by the front, some by the rear via their truck. I came back out of the cockpit a few minutes later and there was a wallet in plain sight, on the worktop. I examined it and it had clearly been stripped of cash but all other cards and papers were still present. I handed it in to our Lost Property and described how I'd found it. The LP lady logged it in and I went back to work. A while later, a ground staff supervisor came onboard and asked for details. The owner of the wallet had come back for it and was irate to discover that it had been rifled and our airline had to compensate him on the spot. So, the airline gets embarrassed, I get suspicion put on me for nicking despite having turned in the wallet and some greedy cleaner gets away with it, as well as placing his colleagues at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I can understand losing the ticket. But your post does beg the question, why were you flying Bristol to Cardiff? Last I checked they were less than 50 miles apart. Passport controls between England and Wales? :D
    It was a rugby package. We had to drive to dublin, then fly EI to Bristol, and then connect with a Dan-Air flight. It was in 1981/82, not many options out of Cork in those days.

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Here's one for you, Pat. I went on board on of our A320s to begin the daily inspection. You have to pass the galley to enter the cockpit and there was nothing on the galley worktop. Our cleaners were just finishing their cleanup and were leaving, some by the front, some by the rear via their truck. I came back out of the cockpit a few minutes later and there was a wallet in plain sight, on the worktop. I examined it and it had clearly been stripped of cash but all other cards and papers were still present. I handed it in to our Lost Property and described how I'd found it. The LP lady logged it in and I went back to work. A while later, a ground staff supervisor came onboard and asked for details. The owner of the wallet had come back for it and was irate to discover that it had been rifled and our airline had to compensate him on the spot. So, the airline gets embarrassed, I get suspicion put on me for nicking despite having turned in the wallet and some greedy cleaner gets away with it, as well as placing his colleagues at risk.
    Cheers stovepipe, I appreciate you sharing your direct experience on this one with us.

My point was solely to skywander, as it pisses me off no end with individuals who come on to a discussion forum and trot out something along the lines of
    you can read the internet and boards here about what goes on with that
    and then fail to back it up! Thankfully this does not happen often here on the A&A forum, however I felt this was a prime example of what is a bland and useless "sweeping statement"!

I appreciate that personal possessions are mislaid by passengers, I have done it myself over the years. I have been "lucky" and I use that expression, because on other occasions I had mislaid items that just vanished into thin air never to be seen again.

I now always adopt a simple ritual when I board a plane, nothing in pockets, everything stays in my satchel bag. As I only have myself to blame if anything goes missing!

Advertisement