Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit and Eurocode

Options
  • 04-10-2016 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

If Britain leaves the single market, will there be a desire by them to revive the British Standards?

The alternative would be to use the Eurocodes but have no direct say in their revision. I suppose big industry in Britain could lobby on particular items.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They will adopt Eurocodes and they will involve in to defacto BS.

This is what they are going to do with european law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

There wasa good article on this in a recent istructe magazine. It seems that regardless of Brexit, Eurocode is here and there to stay. Interesting to note however that a numer of letters published in the istructe mag are from engineers who are sick of using the impractical and overly complicated Eurocodes (myself included).

There is a code review panel already working on this however who I believe aim to have revised the eurocode for everyday use (ie - adopting a similar more practical format similar to BS) by 2020. Lets wait and see!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There wasa good article on this in a recent istructe magazine. It seems that regardless of Brexit, Eurocode is here and there to stay. Interesting to note however that a numer of letters published in the istructe mag are from engineers who are sick of using the impractical and overly complicated Eurocodes (myself included).

There is a code review panel already working on this however who I believe aim to have revised the eurocode for everyday use (ie - adopting a similar more practical format similar to BS) by 2020. Lets wait and see!

From what I heard all current EU legislation will be adopted as defacto UK legislation. What will happen going forward is that legislation will be amended based on UK needs and will be UK specific from then on.

Advertisement