Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSR/Cascade designs customer service

Options
  • 05-10-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Just FYI for anyone considering investing in an MSR tent or other Cascade Designs product.

My MSR tent (Hubba Hubba) had a tent broken in a campsite in Sardinia this summer. I went online to find replacement segments, but it turns out that MSR have slightly customised the usual DAC Featherlite poles, and so replacements from Extremtextil didn't fit.

I got onto Cascade Designs in Seattle, who bounced me on to Middleton in Cork...who promptly sent me the pole I needed. No issues with the tent being in warranty or not. No request for proof of purchase. Just good, solid, service.

The MSR tents are relatively expensive (tho light and pack small)...but some of that money goes to better-than-standard after-sales service - at least for me.

Of course, in no way associated with, etc. etc. Just sharing the experience, in case that helps people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Thats funny as Id only just realised almost all their gear for Europe is made in Midleton when I was reading up on a Thermarest mat.

I put a link to an article on them in the Irish Made Outdoor Gear thread.

Good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

thanks for that post was just looking into this as iam considering an msr tent.
    cascade desings has always been very good to me with thermarest and its one of the few products iam very happy to pay a premium price for great customer service .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I have two MSR tents (for me alone, for me and the boss), and am happy with both of them.

Advertisement