Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU flight compensation

Options
  • 04-10-2016 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used a third party company to claim EU flight compensation ?

and if so would you recommend any company ?

I know I can do this myself but I know airlines make it difficult by deliberately ignoring communication etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

I claimed recently direct with an airline and had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Elirlandes

I have two claims in with flight-delayed.co.uk
    So far no luck -
    1st one is from Jan 2016
    2nd one is from May 2016
    Both are currently at "legal stage".
    I know for sure that both claims are valid, so hoping to see something out of it. The first one is with Vietnam Airlines, so not so hopeful that they will cough up, but the second one is with Iberia so they should have no way of dodging payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I have three Aer Lingus cancellations. Two are weather related which are unlikely to be successful so I probably won't bother. Although both are indirectly weather related. I.e there was no weather issue at my departure airport but the outbound aircraft from Dublin was cancelled.

The other was an aircraft going tech which should be claimable but it seems airlines will still try and get out of it by saying that technical problems are excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Elirlandes

maximum12 wrote: »
    The other was an aircraft going tech which should be claimable but it seems airlines will still try and get out of it by saying that technical problems are excluded.
    Yes - they do still try to use this, but there was a case in the European courts which went against this earlier this year, and it is no longer an acceptable excuse. The Iberia claim I have is also for an aircraft gone Tech, and they responded to my agent with a letter to that effect - the agent continues to pursue it through the courts.

Advertisement