Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelcon 2016 ? ,anybody going?.

Options
  • 04-10-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Just a reminder for those interested. €28 for the 4 days boardgaming is pretty good IMO.There is plenty more stuff for those not mad about boardgames.RPGS,LARPS ,Wargames etc..
    Welcome to Gaelcon Unlocked!
    Happening on the 28th to the 31st of October in the Ballsbridge Hotel, this event is not to be missed.

“Ireland’s Premier Gaming Convention” is a weekend of tabletop games across 4 days brought to you by the Irish Games Association, a dedicated Committee and the huge contribution of a diverse team of Volunteers. These include Staff helping out on the weekend, Writers, GMs, Tournament Organisers, People running demos, and a host of other event Volunteers. All working in harmony to bring you one fantastic weekend.

http://gaelcon.com/

http://iga.ie/events/gaelcon2016/

Also a boardgame passport for €5 ,for those who don't have their own games.
    Boardgame passport

PassportThis year Gaelcon is introducing the board game passport. The board game passport will revolutionize your experience of taking out and bringing back board games. For the mere price of €5 you can play anyone of our amazing games with your friends. No deadlines, no need to return before the library closes for the night and your welcome to play the game anywhere. Play something new or opt for a classic, it is all easier when you have a board game passport. The passport means that you can keep playing the games you love after the board games area has closed up for the night. It also means no deposit necessary on the games, if your spent your deposit money on chips then it’s no problem! No more fumbling with loose change or handing over your real passport. In addition, you can keep track of all the games you played over the weekend. There may even be a prize for the most hard core passport user. You can purchase your passport now online when you preregister or at the convention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I guess it's only me then:( LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I might go there, I'm not from Dublin though. Is there easy and free parking there? Webpage is not clear on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll be there on the Saturday, first time I'm not making the full weekend in years, but I'm at an NFL game in London Sunday.

Easy parking yes, free no - don't actually remember the charges, bike past the venue on my way to and from work, I'll check.

Free parking in Ballsbridge doesn't really exist, unless you go on the street when Sunday rules apply. Landsdowne Road station is only 5 minutes walk away, though, so you could probably park and ride.

Parking Rates:
    P9RA5zY0WeaNROaieBeAaAzjn6V-gMOKVTam8N9KA6STJUPEPXER_C6mOLUPaNC6nnYsyXTPOfc32eZ0zDwmOBXzP9cWpt8d7yfFBSkXXxY5C6YuVKWi_ctvaa6pKlIqyLje9xHxD3pGc3vKrONXwsJ64uOsBuCb_riRQcVfHNuQ4zY-q9FSHSt5M66PHGyuR8ElFS73U_q1TS_ZVxiUpFKwQD6WMmRN04tHI8tup82YJcv4Es6W2y7kH7xIV6G_ACdmGKL_UldZR7Ewq1tSZCpaYKSix_ZFB35rn1IbuoWq8gQhZ4QHg8lq0VajmeeXugbX7RdE4TrEqLkcxhwp-uR6F18AyX7YKeCbLsGd4Hl-LeoUxFfwXA-1BFMy70heqQBP-y8mYmeX12YGjzsgfaf0xPHQzvQ9KAtHC8esYOIFQHNGBlO-kyLuNgc0J1BfbCPgkJi3Bz4sSFVjCtDQAEXYTsfR-1d5yN1S4bRjFjF4YpexLNj0CbNZNhysdD5dKz76Zd5WXf_dnr8CPOu-Rt5C-WDFPPP0lPnRvdHyF_EXu4jok0dMCslMRYsUsCcEBSDlug-jJrwCKGxd5SZXd0yfxDhxC8m0vVb46P5W5uht8g9EYw=w1058-h1410-no

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

Yup heading along, couple from our group are going. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SlowInWater

Anyone know would there be much there to interest two kids (13&11) playing W40K for past 4/5 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There's Netrunner on Saturday and Monday so I'm tempted by that. Hopefully take in some general gaming too.

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm going to le party tonight and all day tomorrow with some of my mates.

Advertisement