Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suppliers Down South

Options
  • 04-10-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

So we have recently cancelled the wedding venue we had booked in Dublin (where we're from) due to them announcing a massive package of building works that would have affected the hotel on our day. Having looked at a few options we have decided to go for a destination wedding instead, and have now Provisionally Booked the Malton in Kilarney (somewhere that is quite special to us personally)

Unfortunately one or two of our suppliers cant travel that far so we have had to cancel them also , just looking to know if anyone on here has booked or knows anyone doing any of the following down in Cork , Kerry or Limerick that they would recommend:

- Chocolate Fountains

- Wedding Cakes

- Florist's

Any help or pointers would be really really helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Do your hotel have any recommendations?

I'd avoid anywhere with too long a travel for cake and flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

GingerLily wrote: »

have asked them waiting for them to get back just figure id throw it up here too

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

I'd start with the hotel as they would usually have a list of suppliers that they have worked with or know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Sorry Walter, but hearing Killarney described as a "destination wedding" gave me a little giggle. Do you not have to at least go to the continent for "destination" status to apply? ;)

Good luck wtih it though!

have asked them waiting for them to get back just figure id throw it up here too

Maybe focus in on recommendarions for Killarney area suppliers rather than suppliers from the "south", it's a big area, and a florist in Wexford is no good to you.

• Advertisement

Sorry Walter, but hearing Killarney described as a "destination wedding" gave me a little giggle. Do you not have to at least go to the continent for "destination" status to apply? ;)

Good luck wtih it though!

It's a similar enough logistic with all of the guests having to travel tbh it takes longer to get to Killarney on the train or driving then it does to get to Spain or Portugal on a flight hahahahaha
    Maybe focus in on recommendarions for Killarney area suppliers rather than suppliers from the "south", it's a big area, and a florist in Wexford is no good to you.

Yeh Cork , Limerick or Kerry would be most feasable

Even cork city is a bit far/rough for transporting a cake though, it's not all great road. I really suggest you narrow down the area for the cake and flourist.

Also Killarney is a country wedding, not a destination wedding, you'll confuse your guests if you keep that up.

Even cork city is a bit far/rough for transporting a cake though, it's not all great road. I really suggest you narrow down the area for the cake and flourist.

Also Killarney is a country wedding, not a destination wedding, you'll confuse your guests if you keep that up.

will keep that in mind

Advertisement