Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Z50 15.6'' HD Laptop

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just be aware that this is a low end laptop. Very plasticy, poor battery life given it's size, and maybe not the most reliable of machines. Just read the reviews on Amazon, a lot of people having to return the machine.

It is a very good price, and especially seeing how great it is for us buying in sterling. Just be aware that it might be a flawed laptop. There are probably better options out there, but likely for a bit more money.

My wants in terms of laptops would be an intel processor (core i3 or better), 8GB of RAM. And if you could get an SSD that would be best, but any size HDD is fine too for budget reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That is an excellent price though, to be fair, not a chance you'd get better performance per euro at that point - as well as 8GB ram and a 1TB hard drive.

May not be the best build quality but it's definitely a good bargain. Performance would be close to an entry level i3 and most i3 laptops start off at a much higher price point and often only have 4GB ram and 500GB at the lower levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

Thanks for the advice TF & Al, I'm in the market for a budget laptop so I'm presuming I'm not going to get much better build quality around the €300 price mark?

Advertisement