Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 225/45 R17 - €60 each

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Great tyres, never heard anyone say anything bad about them. Just make sure you have someone who will fit, they could charge 10 or 15 a corner to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Thank you!

Just ordered 2 x 225/40/ 18's for the same price!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

That price doesn't include postage to Ireland which shows up £38 for a set of 4. Fairly dear IMO.

Also those ones are cheaper http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=111648

Ones I linked come at £49.95 and they are 91Y FR TL
    Ones you linked come at £52.85 and they are 94Y XL FR TL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Great tyres, never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

Soft sidewall, which makes them unsuitable for fast cornering IMO.
    They also make steering less precise.
    Got them to my wife's car, and I'm disappointed.
    Great wet grip though - it must be admired and that makes them great tyres for many drivers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah I'd agree, I have them on the Pug and they are very decent, but only 14"
    Was looking at larger sizes and the general consensus was they they are not very suitable for "Spirited" driving due to the soft sidewalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

They work out at ~€74 when you factor in shipping and the correct currency conversion figures.

Its not a bargain. You can get those fully fitted for €89 here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't forget to factor in fitting and balancing locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

VeVeX wrote: »
    They work out at ~ 74 when you factor in shipping and the correct currency conversion figures.

Its not a bargain. You can get those fully fitted for 89 here.
    Where?

Edit: nvm, found them on Oponeo.ie for 81 delivered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They work out at ~€74 when you factor in shipping and the correct currency conversion figures.

Its not a bargain. You can get those fully fitted for €89 here.

Well a saving of 15 euro per tyre is a bargain :confused:

I dont think i have ever been charged anymore than 20 euro to fit 4 tyres before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Paid €170 a corner yesterday for 225/50/17 as needed tyres in a hurry. Excellent grip, but the trade off is that they wear quickly.

Worth comparing with Discount Tyres in Blanchardstown - ask for Keith.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »

I dont think i have ever been charged anymore than 20 euro to fit 4 tyres before.

€20 to fit four tyres? It costs a tyre shop more than that to fit four tyres.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

€20 to fit four tyres? It costs a tyre shop more than that to fit four tyres.

Yes €20 to fit 4 tyres. It takes a couple of minutes to do its not rocket science ffs!

Yes €20 to fit 4 tyres. It takes a couple of minutes to do its not rocket science ffs!

Good for you, and its fitting that judgeing by your reply your at the opposite end of the rocket science spectrum.

20 to fit four tyres? It costs a tyre shop more than that to fit four tyres.
    I also got 4 fitted for 20 a few years back. Last time was 10ea though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pique wrote: »
    I also got 4 fitted for 20 a few years back. Last time was 10ea though.

In Dublin it's hard to get it done for less than €50.
    Some places wanted €60 and some €50. Couldn't find anywhere cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Invincible

YanisK wrote: »

Those eiretyres are a disaster, ordered from them couple of years back, accepted order, then few days later they emailed looking for utility bills and passport id. I ordered off Oponeo subsequently and since, no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

If you don't intend to balance them, sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I'm running them on my A8 and they are awesome.
    Corners like it's on rails.
    Superb wet and dry grip.
    Not wearing much either.

Did my homework and delighted with them.

Have Nokian weatherproof on SUV. They too are great but they are being chewed up rapidly.

Still. There's no cutting corners on safety.

• Advertisement
Advertisement