Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T5 Conversion please can anybody confirm this to me?

Options
  • 03-10-2016 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello!

I have bought a t5 and I need to confirm what is really necessary to pass the van conversion:

Rockandroll bed ¿really necessary? or may I install another type of bed?
    Electricity installation ¿it is possible only using a leisure battery?
    Gas installation , I guess it is a must as I have to provide the van with a 2 ring hobs ins't?

Is there anything I am missing now??

Thanks a lot!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

Cooking, storage and a bed are a must. Any bed will do: rock & roll are probably the most popular but other make storage units that incorporates the bed from pull out wood sections. The choice would be yours.
    For cooking, you could use something like a Smev 9222 that has two gas rings and a sink built in. There are many other variations on these also.
    Standalone electricity would be by means of leisure battery as you say. If you are going to be spending time on campsites, I would go that extra bit and wire in the facility for mains while you are at it. It's not that much more work.
    Bear in mind that any gas installation will have to be signed off and the overall conversion will have to be inspected by an SQI (Suitably Qualified Individual) before being signed off for the log book change to a campervan. If your T5 is a commercial vehicle i.e. a van then you will be liable to pay the relevant VRT. The newer the van, the more it costs !
    I think that's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lydialaois

Cooking, storage and a bed are a must. Any bed will do: rock & roll are probably the most popular but other make storage units that incorporates the bed from pull out wood sections. The choice would be yours.
    For cooking, you could use something like a Smev 9222 that has two gas rings and a sink built in. There are many other variations on these also.
    Standalone electricity would be by means of leisure battery as you say. If you are going to be spending time on campsites, I would go that extra bit and wire in the facility for mains while you are at it. It's not that much more work.
    Bear in mind that any gas installation will have to be signed off and the overall conversion will have to be inspected by an SQI (Suitably Qualified Individual) before being signed off for the log book change to a campervan. If your T5 is a commercial vehicle i.e. a van then you will be liable to pay the relevant VRT. The newer the van, the more it costs !
    I think that's about it really.

Hello and thanks for your answer.
    The Van is old (2007) do you still think I'd have to pay a high vtr on it? I am not going to spend more than 2000 euro in conversion.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

lydialaois wrote: »
    Hello and thanks for your answer.
    The Van is old (2007) do you still think I'd have to pay a high vtr on it? I am not going to spend more than 2000 euro in conversion.
    Thanks

I'm guessing they will value it around €8000 so the VRT due would be around €1000 minus the €50 vrt that would have been paid in 2007 to register is commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lydialaois

I'm guessing they will value it around €8000 so the VRT due would be around €1000 minus the €50 vrt that would have been paid in 2007 to register is commercial.

Hello Crabby!

That's great. Thanks a lot.

Lydia

Advertisement