Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia?

Options
  • 02-10-2016 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to Russia and can give advice? Namely, financial advice. Plan on going for 3-4 weeks next summer, have no idea how much money I should save!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Hello! I used to live in Russia and highly recommend going, it's fantastic. For finance, this is very dependent on what you want to do. If you're not going to be spending most of the time in SPb or Moscow, it's normally very cheap (possibly extremely cheap given the instability with the rouble).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 IEG

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Anyone been to Russia and can give advice? Namely, financial advice. Plan on going for 3-4 weeks next summer, have no idea how much money I should save!

Hiya =) I am from Russia.
    Money wise it depends on where you are going and what are you doing?

I was there last year for 2 weeks in a small southern city, pretty much threw money left right and centre and never looked at prices of anything and spent barely 300e. I didnt have to pay for accommodation though.

BOI blocked my bank card in Russia for "suspicious activity", so I'd ring them beforehand and let them know you plan on using your card over there.

If you plan on taking cash and exchanging in Russia, make sure you have brand new crispy notes as they don't take any money that's crinkled or looks dirty

Advertisement