Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in Dublin

Options
  • 02-10-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have been living in Dublin now for 2 years. Studying first and now working. My course was very fast track and full of international students most of whom aren't in Dublin any longer. I have found Irish people (especially the women) very cliquey and hard to befriend. Everyone is nice and helpful to your face but that's it. They tend to stick with who they know. I am from the states and I guess I am use to people loving the chance to network and make friends regardless of race, age and gender. Especially on the West Coast. It is not like that here, which is fine, because I understand I am in another country living with a different culture. But I thought I would have made a few close friends here by now. My boyfriend lives here but he has his own group of friends so that is not really an option for me. Their girlfriends are nice when we go out but it doesn't really go past that. I am a little introverted at first but that has never hindered me in the past. Maybe it is just me and I am having a bad experience but it is really getting to me. Any advice or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭CPTM

Hey bitsndbobs, have you tried Meet up.com? It's a great app/website for meeting friends.

90% of my mates emigrated with the recession over the past 5 years and I was left with very few outlets. This site helped with that, it can be daunting at first but the way it's setup is really great and people are super friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Girl crew would be a good option for you to meet people either. It's a great way to get out and do different things and it's not cliquey at all.add GC Dublin in Facebook and you will seemly the events pop up

Advertisement