Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas to live in Waterford

Options
  • 01-10-2016 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everybody,

I am just wondering about a few areas to live in Waterford whether they are nice/rough, etc. Could anybody tell me what Barrack Street is like or Maritana Gate in Canada Square? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Barrack St is a pretty old part of the city and if you are looking at a Terrace house or something like that there then they would have been built maybe 100 years ago so you need to make sure they are in good condition etc.

It is very close to all the main shops in the City and an easy walk of about 5-10 mins and you are right in the city centre.

Maritana Gate would be all mostly apartments and I would say a lot more foreign nationals and students/younger adults would live there.
    Again you are close to the city centre and you have the Peoples Park just across the road etc.

Either area is not too bad but would not be regarded as "Great" places to live in Waterford...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

tomallan wrote: »
    Maritana Gate in Canada Square?

Friend of mine had his bike nicked from Maritana Gate two years back.
    But does it say anything about the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Waterford Blaa

Both areas very close to city centre.

Barrack Street is older, more settled.

Maritana is right next to a lovely big park and 2 mins walk to Viking Triangle - younger vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I lived in the student apartments in railway square for 3 out of my 4 years living in waterford. Great area, Close to town, Near to food, Next to pubs and clubs, Tesco, Costa, TK maxx and a cinema all at your door. Also don't forgot if you have a car there is a underground carpark (You have to pay extra for), But the bus stops right outside the apartment.

The normal apartments are in Block A and Block C. There the ones you would be renting if you wonted to move there.

Considering i miss living in railway square nearly a year and 1/2 after college gives you a idea of how much i loved living there. I had 2 fantastic apartments that i have lived in cork city but they never had the magic that railway square has to me.

There is also the Dunmore road area that you can live in another nice area of the city they would be houses but there is apartments to rent out there as well.

Advertisement