Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice Fitting a Reversing Camera to a Diet Feeder

Options
  • 01-10-2016 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,

I was thinking of fitting a reversing camera to a diet feeder that we have. Has anyone got any experience of doing such a thing?

I was looking on e-bay at reversing camera kits that have two cameras, a screen (~7-9"), cables, etc for around €100 or there abouts. I guess you can buy additional cameras to add to the circuit?
    I'm not sure if you have to fit two cameras to the back for the camera to work? (for sort of calibration/dimensional reasons??)

My idea is to, if possible fit one (or the two if necessary) to the back and possible fit another to the side of the feeder focusing on the unloading roller/auger. So that you wouldn't have to continuously look backwards.
    Anyone have any ideas about that?

I was also thinking of wiring in a couple of LED/spotlights onto the back of the feeder to assist the camera..

Has anyone and advice or suggestions on doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Hi guys,

I was thinking of fitting a reversing camera to a diet feeder that we have. Has anyone got any experience of doing such a thing?

I was looking on e-bay at reversing camera kits that have two cameras, a screen (~7-9"), cables, etc for around 100 or there abouts. I guess you can buy additional cameras to add to the circuit?
    I'm not sure if you have to fit two cameras to the back for the camera to work? (for sort of calibration/dimensional reasons??)

My idea is to, if possible fit one (or the two if necessary) to the back and possible fit another to the side of the feeder focusing on the unloading roller/auger. So that you wouldn't have to continuously look backwards.

I was also thinking of wiring in a couple of LED/spotlights onto the back of the feeder to assist the camera..

Ye, I wouldn't go quoting crap to catch out people on search engines, it makes people a lot less helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

Ye, I wouldn't go quoting crap to catch out people on search engines, it makes people a lot less helpful.

DoneDeal is plagued with it, can never find what you were looking for

Hi guys,

I was looking on e-bay at reversing camera kits that have two cameras, a screen (~7-9"), cables, etc for around €100 or there abouts. I guess you can buy additional cameras to add to the circuit?

Fair few of them with night vision, wonder does it work well?

MF290 wrote: »
    DoneDeal is plagued with it, can never find what you were looking for

Its as bad as PriceOnAsking Poa adds.

Run a good few cameras behind the drills/in tanks/sprayer/fert spinner etc... Very handy to have aquick glance at.
    Forget the brand off top of my head, got most from a company trailorvision but were crap quality on of the guys has a good supplier off ebay as they get broken.
    Tap into the light circuit for power and a signal cable going to the tractor, one of the guys here is into this an put in a fuse into the supply line.
    Have a screen with 4 channels you can cycle through for 4 cameras which is left of the tractor, or if very fancy can plug into tractors own display.
    Has an infra red light to give vision in the dark also built in but wont work at night with worklights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'd advise trying to find cameras with a wiper if at all possible. I've a reversing camera on the car and its a major 1st world problem when it's wet as the lens gets smeared. It's a slight pain in a car having to turn around to reverse, spending money on a camera to aid with work and not being able to use it in the rain defeats the purpose of fitting.

Definitely fit plenty of lights. See in the dark cameras usually use IR so you'd need to buy IR lights which will still have bad quality images. A normal camera and plenty of lights will give a better image.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Its as bad as PriceOnAsking Poa adds.

Never knew what it meant . always thought it was price on admission?

Never knew what it meant . always thought it was price on admission?
    Dont quote that until we get a 3rd party confirmation, but thats what i take it up as on sales catalogues/adds

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

^^^^ POA... Price on application is what I had it as.

Dont quote that until we get a 3rd party confirmation, but thats what i take it up as on sales catalogues/adds

Price on application I think,
    I'll leave now before I get in trouble for spamming the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yeah I understand it as the same

MF290 wrote: »
    Fair few of them with night vision, wonder does it work well?
    We got them for keeping an eye in the tanks for seed/ fert spinner for when you run out etc.. Also on the rear for backing into corners or to see what numpties are up to on roads. These work well but ones that get another light source at night clashing are crap as alluded to already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Run a good few cameras behind the drills/in tanks/sprayer/fert spinner etc... Very handy to have aquick glance at.
    Forget the brand off top of my head, got most from a company trailorvision but were crap quality on of the guys has a good supplier off ebay as they get broken.
    Tap into the light circuit for power and a signal cable going to the tractor, one of the guys here is into this an put in a fuse into the supply line.
    Have a screen with 4 channels you can cycle through for 4 cameras which is left of the tractor, or if very fancy can plug into tractors own display.
    Has an infra red light to give vision in the dark also built in but wont work at night with worklights

We bought five reversing cameras from trailorvision and they are desperate. The picture is crap and very poor quality. And trying to get they to repair or replace them was impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 8 coolaboola91

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the replies.

Do your cameras send the image of the back to the screen in the tractor all the time or just when you put the tractor in reverse? Like I was saying, I'd like to position one camera on the side to give a gawk at the unloading spout, then, ideally, when I go to reverse, she will automatically show the back of the feeder. Or at worst just have a split screen.

@Waffletraktor
    With your setup, when you have the four cameras on the screen at once, can you make one image large/full screen? I'd like a large image as the boss man will be using this also.

So the consensus would be to avoid the Infrared lights and fit a good supply of lights at the back. Would you go with LED lights on the back?

Would anyone be good enough to suggest a good brand of Camera/Screen kit?
    I would imagine that the wired versions are better than the wireless?

Cheers lads.

This is an example of one of the tractors/drill.
    The screen is a 7" display that has 3 channels on this setup, with a camera on the rear and one in the tank to monitor grain level. This one has a D plug powering it rather than running from the lights loom with a fuse. Attached is an example of it running under IR as its in the tank, bit grainy ok for this but not ideal for what you require i imagine. Dont have any brand names either sorry just long product code as purchased off ebay by one of the lads.
    If a full size gps screen was needed on the tractor the signal could have been diplayed on part of it or on a larger screen you could get split image i imagine easily enough.

Hi Waffletraktor,
    thanks again for the reply.
    Seems like a handy rigout for the drill.

I was looking on e-bay for a camera with no IR, but couldn't turn one up in the kits anyway. Maybe I was using the wrong search terms. Or you can buy them separately.

Would you have any opinions on this?
    http://***.ebay.ie/itm/4Pin-24V-Car-Reversing-Kit-With-Sunshade-7-LCD-Monitor-2-CCD-Backup-Cameras-/361716591469?hash=item5437fd2b6d:g:ROoAAOSwmLlX5Th

Cheers guys

Don't think that link will bring you to the item. If you could copy and paste this description into e-bay should work.
    4Pin 24V Car Reversing Kit With Sunshade 7" LCD Monitor + 2 CCD Backup Cameras

Advertisement