Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping to Ordinary English?

Options
  • 01-10-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

So here's my dilemma. I'm seriously considering dropping honours English because I find it incredibly difficult to write answers for Paper II in the alotted time given. I'm just wondering whether people think it may be better for me to continue with higher level and try improve my timing, or drop to ordinary level? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian1999

So here's my dilemma. I'm seriously considering dropping honours English because I find it incredibly difficult to write answers for Paper II in the alotted time given. I'm just wondering whether people think it may be better for me to continue with higher level and try improve my timing, or drop to ordinary level? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
    I would keep higher level english if u need the points but If u don't and not counting it I would drop to ordinary and higher english is time consuming well it sounds like it is for you and remember its easier to pass higher level english now of the new points system it's 37 points if you get 30 to 40 percent so even though u have difficulty with paper 2 u wouldn't fail higher level english

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's quite early in the year to be dropping.

Remember, you can drop at any time, but if you do it now and have second thoughts, catching up would be difficult if not impossible.

Writing answers in the time limit is a matter of practice, practice, practice ... and again, it's early and you have time to do that.

Advertisement