Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car swap at Dublin Airport

Options
  • 01-10-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I am flying to London Gatwick from Dublin by Ryanair and will park my car in the short term car park. My nephew will be flying into Dublin from London Gatwick a little earlier on the same day and I want him to take my car from the car park and four days later will do the same in reverse. As there may not be sufficient time for us to physically meet up, can anyone offer information as to how I can leave car keys and parking ticket for him to collect e.g. a customer service desk or similar.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

flipsat wrote: »
    I am flying to London Gatwick from Dublin by Ryanair and will park my car in the short term car park. My nephew will be flying into Dublin from London Gatwick a little earlier on the same day and I want him to take my car from the car park and four days later will do the same in reverse. As there may not be sufficient time for us to physically meet up, can anyone offer information as to how I can leave car keys and parking ticket for him to collect e.g. a customer service desk or similar.
    Many thanks

Why not text him the parking location and leave the keys in a pre-agreed place around the car.

Two other options - Greencaps luggage storage in T1 or ask OCS who do the mobility assistance but I know they do other stuff around the airport.

Failing that you could leave your keys and ticket with Airport Police as "list property" and they could be collected by your nephew on payment of the €6 admin fee.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Leave the ticket in the car, and leave the keys under the bumper or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Green caps don't operate any more unless it changed recently.
    Why not text him the parking location and leave the keys in a pre-agreed place around the car.

Two other options - Greencaps luggage storage in T1 or ask OCS who do the mobility assistance but I know they do other stuff around the airport.

Failing that you could leave your keys and ticket with Airport Police as "list property" and they could be collected by your nephew on payment of the €6 admin fee.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Quick park premium parking, they take the keys and much cheaper than short term

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Leave the keys at left luggage in Terminal 1. You can leave them in an envelope. It costs €5. Your nephew can collect - just text him the ticket number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Post him your spare key. Leave the ticket in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

About 10years ago I did this on a weekly basis. I'd fly from Galway to a Dublin on Wed morning and pick up the company car that a colleague who flew out on the first flight to our London office. I'd leave the car back on a Fri evening when I flew back to Galway and he'd pick up the car when he landed later on that evening.

Always left the key up behind the front bumper and ticket over the sun visor. Worked treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Elirlandes

I did this with my sister last week in Dublin - red car park.
    I just left the car open, and left the key and the ticket in glove compartment. No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Elirlandes wrote: »
    I did this with my sister last week in Dublin - red car park.
    I just left the car open, and left the key and the ticket in glove compartment. No bother.

Works fine if nothing happens to the car but if it does insurance will not pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Elirlandes

Works fine if nothing happens to the car but if it does insurance will not pay out.

Fair point !

• Advertisement
Advertisement