Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Eir Complaints Process

Options
  • 30-09-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi Eir , Can you tell me the official process for logging a complaint with your company.
    It has taken over a month for my broadband order to be processed , Eir needed to create 3 orders / accounts to get to the point of me receiving and installation date which is over two weeks past my initial request date which I was promised by one of you sale team would be fulfilled.
    Based on that I canceled with my existing provider and am now without service. And Eir are unable to escalate the install to a sooner time even though all the order errors were in the Eir systems.    

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭empty21

Davkie wrote: »
    Hi Eir , Can you tell me the official process for logging a complaint with your company.
    It has taken over a month for my broadband order to be processed , Eir needed to create 3 orders / accounts to get to the point of me receiving and installation date which is over two weeks past my initial request date which I was promised by one of you sale team would be fulfilled.
    Based on that I canceled with my existing provider and am now without service. And Eir are unable to escalate the install to a sooner time even though all the order errors were in the Eir systems.    
    In a similar situation, decided to connect to Eir in July 4th, BB TV,Phone etc, advised sales at the time I require a phone line from road to house via a pole. Technician called on August 28th to install, confirmed that could not connect via ducting and will need to get a pole erected and run the cable that way. Several days later Eir cancelled my account and created a new account. After several phone calls to support asking when this will be done i received an email it will be installed on October 6th!!!! I again contacted support outlining that I am now without BB and is there anyway they could revise this date? I believed I was making head way with this and was beginning to believe that it will be done this Monday the 3rd. I received a call from the Open Eir connections team and got told that the technician will be there on Monday, I queried the availability of a pole, I was told it was installed, which it is not. After several phone calls, it appears that what they mean is on Monday a technician will call to my house to do a survey and the connection, at which time he will confirm to Eir that a pole is required. I asked can they not use the detail from my cancelled account, which they cancelled, that a pole is required and go from there, apparently this is not possible, a technician will need to go to my house and do a survey!!! Unbelievable!! I wonder will they then cancel my account again and this whole merry go round start again with a new account!!???

What a joke of a process..... I have been promised numerous phone calls back over the various days none of which materialised.

I wonder how they can function. Sending out a technician to the same address to perform a survey to confirm what needs to be done just because they cancelled and created a new account, a joke.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Davkie wrote: »
    Hi Davkie, 

Thank you for your post today :)

I am extremely sorry to hear this has happened. I completely understand how frustrating and upsetting this must be for you. 

You can view the complaints process here http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice should you wish to log a formal complaint. 

Please, feel free to PM me your account number and I will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lizras

can you please tell me Ciara, my field is been used by eir at moment to store trucks and poles for replacement how should they leave my field and what entitlements can I get for example old poles thanks for your help, also if there is a number to complain about ground workers, thank you hope you can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

lizras wrote: »
    can you please tell me Ciara, my field is been used by eir at moment to store trucks and poles for replacement how should they leave my field and what entitlements can I get for example old poles thanks for your help, also if there is a number to complain about ground workers, thank you hope you can help
    Hi lizras, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

You can log a formal complaint through our website, all details can be found here They will be able to assist you with all these queries there. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement