Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI ATM Dunnes Stores Rejecting Cards

Options
  • 29-09-2016 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having a problem with this using a non BOI card.

I have an UB card and get as far as choosing an amount to take out, then a message pops up, 'cancelling transaction' please take your card.

I have no problem using my card anywhere else only in Dunnes.

I mentioned it to the reps for BOI over on the talk to forum a month ago and they said they would mention it to their technical team but nothing has changed.

I think I've seen other folk walk away after not getting any cash out but that could be for some other reason but who knows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I've had no problem with a non-BoI card.

Any chance you've been doing it late-ish in the day? I know it can often run out of cash and it isn't very informative about it. Or if it's only got 50s left and you ask for something it can't give, it'll just cancel the transaction like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

JohnC. wrote: »
    I've had no problem with a non-BoI card.

Any chance you've been doing it late-ish in the day? I know it can often run out of cash and it isn't very informative about it. Or if it's only got 50s left and you ask for something it can't give, it'll just cancel the transaction like that.

Think you might have hit the nail on the head there. Its usually between 5-6pm and €100 but maybe it does be out of 50's.

Terrible it gives little or no info or an alternative option.

cheers for that.

Advertisement