Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George.com - lots of discount!

Options
  • 29-09-2016 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

George.com aka Asda is offering up to 30% off Lego etc with another 20% on orders over £50.

Got millennium falcon for £76/€88

Deliveries to PW/PM for £2.95.
    Does not deliver Lego to ROI despite what the banner says!
    Quick/TCB are giving 2% cash back if tracked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Nice find, they do deliver to Ireland but it's select items only, its usually written below the description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

11214 wrote: »
    Nice find, they do deliver to Ireland but it's select items only, its usually written below the description.

I saved the Irish vat and used revolut. About €20 on my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

George.com aka Asda is offering up to 30% off Lego etc with another 20% on orders over £50.

Got millennium falcon for £76/€88

Deliveries to PW/PM for £2.95.
    Does not deliver Lego to ROI despite what the banner says!
    Quick/TCB are giving 2% cash back if tracked.

What's Quick/TCB? Love George. Got a microfibre duvet recently for £8.

Gilma2010 wrote: »
    What's Quick/TCB? Love George. Got a microfibre duvet recently for £8.

Sorry, should be quidco.co.uk & top cash back.com
    Cash back sites which pay out unlike a certain Irish site:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Looking at getting this but the dimensions are larger than standard for PM

It's €143.99 in Smyths, £84.97 in Asda

http://direct.asda.com/LEGO-City---Cargo-Train---60052/000702811,default,pd.html?cgid=D25M8G1C8S2.

Whats the best way to get this as Asda won't deliver outside the UK?
    I'm based in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

glic83 wrote: »
    Looking at getting this but the dimensions are larger than standard for PM

It's €143.99 in Smyths, £84.97 in Asda

http://direct.asda.com/LEGO-City---Cargo-Train---60052/000702811,default,pd.html?cgid=D25M8G1C8S2.

Whats the best way to get this as Asda won't deliver outside the UK?
    I'm based in Limerick.

Use Parcel Wizard?

zerks wrote: »
    Use Parcel Wizard?

Parcel Wizards dimensions are too small also
    60x 40 x 40, the lego set is 59.2 x 48 x 9.2 I don't know if asda would put it into a bigger box again.

did you just order it or actually take delivery of the item? what dimensions are the actual box? according to the website it says 210 cm x 140cm x 6cm?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

glic83 wrote: »
    Parcel Wizards dimensions are too small also
    60x 40 x 40, the lego set is 59.2 x 48 x 9.2 I don't know if asda would put it into a bigger box again.

PM have a couple of options for larger parcels including delivery to address & collection from depo, maybe drop them a line

• Advertisement

Apologies. I looked at the label. It was actually delivered straight to my ROI address. Dpd delivered it. Thought it was via pw/dpd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭amber2

AddressPal standard delivery is €3.50 but Where an item exceeds the maximum dimensions of 72cm X 31cm X 25cm, you will be contacted by An Post by phone. The item will be made available in your local delivery service unit and the cost for delivery will be €25.00. Collectible from your local nominated post office.

Apologies. I looked at the label. It was actually delivered straight to my ROI address. Dpd delivered it. Thought it was via pw/dpd.

Cheers for that, could always take the chance and order from them next time, just didn't want to get a bill for an extra 20 quid or so.

Dave..M wrote: »
    PM have a couple of options for larger parcels including delivery to address & collection from depo, maybe drop them a line

Thats what I ended up doing , it will cost 7 quid to get delivered to the depot in Limerick and I will collect it there, next time I might chance PW as if its not going into a locker and its slightly outside one of the dimensions I'd say it would be ok.

Advertisement