Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could it be B12

Options
  • 29-09-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone here have been treated for B12 deficiency symptoms with a level of 465 (tested after supplementing for a couple of weeks). I have been having tingling and tightness in my legs now for nearly 2 months. Sometimes it favours one leg over the other and sometimes switches between legs daily. Has progressed on to weakness in one arm and I think tingling in one hand (not sure if arm issues are from pain in shoulder). I have also had slight tingling on one side of tongue now for 2 weeks and my tongue feels uncomfortable/burning for the last few days.

Have been to the doctor a few times, been to physio and have had clear MRIs (head/neck/spine). My symptoms continue and I feel are spreading. I'm obviously very concerned about it but I feel like my doctor things I should be happy to ignore them and get on with it now that the MRI's are clear. Has referred me to a neurologist but I feel like she thinks I'm over reacting.

I have questioned the possibility of it being my B12 but she is adamant that it's definitely not as I am not below the 200 "low" threshold.

Not looking for medical advice just to see if anyone has had experience of B12 causing symptoms well above the 200 level as I know some countries treat levels that fall below 500 or 450.

Thanks.

Advertisement