Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating to homeless shelters

Options
  • 29-09-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

I am arranging a large donation of clothes from my workplace for homeless shelters over the winter period.
    I used to be friends with a group on facebook that took these clothes etc called 'jacket something or other' but I cant find them now.
    Does anybody know of any homeless shelters that would directly take these items rather than putting them in a clothes bin etc. for them to be shredded into cloths - like most of them do.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

I don't know, you could try contacting your Local Authority homeless section and see if they can help you or contact someone like Simon and see if they can help you find a destination satisfactory to you for your clothes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Inner City Helping Homeless had a recent callout for donated clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Jacket off your back. They are still on fb

Advertisement