Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wlan Card broken - Lenovo z50 70

Options
  • 29-09-2016 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I dropped my laptop on my bed and a blue screen came up saying the laptop must restart. When it did I couldnt get any wifi connections. It said no connections available and didnt give me the option to turn on wifi etc.

I looked around online and saw suggestion to update driver/delete and reinstall driver. I done this and when I opened wifi connections it gave me a list of connections. When I click it, it does a loading symbol for a while and then gives an error message. I close it and all the networks are gone again and doesnt show anything. The driver shows the yellow exclamation symbol next to it. I am pretty sure I damaged my wifi network card and it needs to be replaced as I went through all the trouble shooting steps.

How do I find out which wifi cards work with my laptop and where can I buy them?

Also, I see online that people recommend grounding yourself. They recommend using the PC case (Which i dont have as its a laptop) as grounding or a anti static wrist strap. Is the strap really neccessary? Any free ways I could ground and still have use of two hands as Id imagine you would need two to be able to change the wlan card.

I could do it in my kitchen on tiles and it looks fairly simple to replace the wlan card on my laptop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lndxlxWQg8Q

Any other precautions?

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement