Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about open top bus tour

• 29-09-2016 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Hi , I'm just wondering are there a few companies offering the open top bus tour and if so would anyone have one in particular that they'd recommend? Or any that have good deals for 2 days etc?
    I'll be in Belfast for a few days with kids in Nov so I'd like to do this tour and definitely the Titanic too.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Over the past 13 years, I have done this Bus Tour about 8-9 times and with the city of Belfast evolving all of the time, it usually has an extra part added to it. The guys doing the live commentary are very interesting and you never know which side of the divide they grew up on. Well worth doing and if you get a fine day, make sure to sit on the top of the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I went on the red hop on/off doubledecker (possibly Belfast citysightseeing) and it was good. Passed all the main attractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I've done the red one a couple of times and enjoyed it.

There's a Titanic bus tour also, although I'm not sure how good it is... my family live about 3 miles from city centre and it goes up past our house which I thought was a bit odd, as other than the zoo (which is another 2 miles up the road) and the castle, there's not much to see to make that journey worthwhile.

The Titanic exhibit is good, but I cant recommend the SS Nomadic enough. The only surviving original White Star liner, docked just outside the Titanic museum, and is great for kids. It's done up as it was at the time and is very interactive. The museum itself has lots of reading/standing around, whereas the Nomadic is more fun/hands-on. Gives you a real flavor of what things were like at the time. Most tourists don't know about it at all. I think it's much better than the Titanic museum. So have a look online and book tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chrisni

We did the other belfast sightseeing tour - or titanic one as it is know as, ive also done the other tour or red route and enjoyed it to.

Advertisement