Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a TV on Amazon

Options
  • 28-09-2016 10:07pm

As the title says, has anyone bought a TV from Amazon?
    I would be getting it via parcel motel.
    Would i have to pick it up at the depot?
    Is there any warranty with a TV bought like this?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

bubblypop wrote: »
    As the title says, has anyone bought a TV from Amazon?
    I would be getting it via parcel motel.
    Would i have to pick it up at the depot?
    Is there any warranty with a TV bought like this?

I Got a TV from tesco a couple of years ago, it was deliver via ParcelMotel, but I paid extra to get it deliver to me, note that you will have to pay for oversize parcel as per the prices on their website.

Another option is Parcel Wizard, they deliver to your selected address but not as strict with the oversize so you might not have to pay extra, now they also introduced Parcel Pickup, you can collect from a local shop or garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

With PM you can also pay for higher insurance for deliveries. Not sure about the parcel wizard and addresspal.

I got a tv years ago from richersounds up north, and the manager himself delivered it to my house. They said TVs were quite prone to damage so I would definitely consider it.

There may be issues with saorview and tuners too, but thats more for the AV forum. I still use analog TV as virgin(upc) still broadcast in it, and I think a UK tuner might not pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Yeah I bought one from Amazon. Dont think I used Parcel Motel because of the size, I just sent it to my father in laws house.

Same warranty as buying it in a shop I presume, youre also covered by distance selling regs.

Amazon are very good with after sales service, certainly a hell of a lot better than Power City who Id bought my previous telly off and who were appalling when there was a problem.

Advertisement