Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway to stop deposits to Paddy Power from showing up on my Bank Statements?

Options
  • 28-09-2016 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Not really a fan of it showing up on my bank statements even if I don't bet a lot. The only way that I could think of is to move money from my bank to my PayPal and then to Paddy Power.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Get a cash card and lodge it in the shop itself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Stop betting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

PP Cash Card is way to go, you just top it up and money in your account straight away, very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Paypal is your best bet (pun intended), as many other bookies besides PP also accept it. You could also just go to their stores in person and bet with cash if that's not too much hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Paypal is your best bet (pun intended), as many other bookies besides PP also accept it. You could also just go to their stores in person and bet with cash if that's not too much hassle.
    Does it take long for money to move from your bank account to PayPal? Tried it before and it was a couple of days before I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have a look at skrill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I deposited in shop yesterday using cash all they wanted was my user name, they said I would need a cash card if I wanted to withdraw in shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Use PayPal. It quick and free to use with bookmakers.

Skrill and Neteller are excluded by a lot of bookmakers for depositing to get a bonus.

PayPal will allow you to bet with a few different bookmakers as Paddy Powers odds for football (main markets) are some of the worst going. They try to get people to bet with them by offering enhanced odds which usually only result in you placing bad bets.

It takes a couple of days to deposit and withdraw from your bank account but if you are betting correctly you shouldn't need to do this too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Open a PayPal (I had one already). I then went to my AIB online and set up a direct debit to send money into PayPal just after payday. The details you need to set up the direct debit are available in 'my account' section of PayPal (IBAN, account # etc).

I have a couple of accounts. Coral and B365. When I want to place a bet, I'll deposit using PayPal and punt away.

Advantages
    - Much easier to keep track of. I put €50 in each month and that is it. Just over €10 per week max loss.
    - No betting showing up on bank account. As long as you don't involve credit or debit cards in the above, you will only ever see PayPal on your AIB account
    - Easier to budget. If I lose €25 in my first weekend of a new transfer, I'll take it easy for a week or two, as I know that I have only €25 left
    - You can have several accounts and choose best odds/offers, without your bank statement looking like a bookmaker's phone book!

Be Aware
    - €15 min deposit/withdrawal on 365 for PayPal
    - the bank transfers cost nothing, but take about 2 days
    - I'll generally punt away and if I made a €30 profit on a day, take €20 out or something (into PayPal). At the end of the month, I'll clear out the PayPal back into bank account just as the fresh €50 arrives.
    - No special fees associated with this

In the past I had no clue how much I was betting. Now I know I have made a small profit in each of the last three months and lost the €50 in each of the three motnhs before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Thats quite a good approach and keeps things recreational.

• Advertisement
Advertisement