Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vs Leverkusen Nov 2

Options
  • 28-09-2016 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I'm travelling to the Champs League game vs Bayer on Nov 2.
    Hoping to fly over on the weds, stay overnight and home on the Thursday.
    Its been a while since I could (afford to) get to a Spurs game, and the last game I was at in Wembeleeee was in '99 ( thank you Allan Nielsen)

So, can anyone tell me
    A) the best/handiest airport to fly into.
    B) any hotels they could recommend..

COYS !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭YiddoOConnell

greenspurs wrote:
    Hi all. I'm travelling to the Champs League game vs Bayer on Nov 2. Hoping to fly over on the weds, stay overnight and home on the Thursday. Its been a while since I could (afford to) get to a Spurs game, and the last game I was at in Wembeleeee was in '99 ( thank you Allan Nielsen)

greenspurs wrote:
    So, can anyone tell me A) the best/handiest airport to fly into. B) any hotels they could recommend..

greenspurs wrote:
    COYS !!

Well we are flying from Cork to Stansted 10.30am and arrive 11.30am day of the game and fly back from Stansted to Cork early next morning for 35 return.

Depends where you are flying from.

Flying to Heathrow is the most convenient but can be expensive flying into and out of.

Flying to Gatwick can be ok because you get to Victoria station and get underground to Wembley.

Flying to Stansted is getting Stansted express to Liverpool Street and then underground to Wembley.

Flying to Luton you have to get bus from airport to train station and get train to king cross and get underground to Wembley.

We are staying out by Stansted as it's quite cheap and handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Is that with Ryan air?

it wouldn't matter really where I flew from, Cork or Dublin .

Any "Spurs" pubs near Wemblee I wonder ? I suppose we will find one....

Is that with Ryan air?

it wouldn't matter really where I flew from, Cork or Dublin .

Any "Spurs" pubs near Wemblee I wonder ? I suppose we will find one....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aysedasi

I'm heading over for the CSKA match on Dec 7. Flying into Stansted on Wed afternoon and out from Gatwick Thurs morning. Staying in a hotel beside Gatwick on Wed night. Flights were €34 return with Ryanair, hotel was £54 for a twin room.
    Cheers

Ya it was with Ryanair. Premier inn near Stansted is 48 pounds but 24 between myself and my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Just as an alternative you can get a bus from Luton airport to Finchley Road Tube Station which is a couple of stops from Wembley park
    Would take you an hour 15 from airport to stadium according to google.
    There's a holiday inn about 2 minutes walk from Finchley Road tube so handy for London if you fancy being out later in town and you could get the same bus back to Luton

I "think" we are getting an apartment between 4 of us (2 couples) in central London (don't know exact location yet ) and it works out same price (or less) than most hotels around.
    Still looking for flights at the mo tho.....

Annnnnnnnd .... Ryanair drop their prices, 12hrs after I book my flights!!! Jaysus !

greenspurs wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd .... Ryanair drop their prices, 12hrs after I book my flights!!! Jaysus !

Happened me before, did it drop by much?

Happened me before, did it drop by much?

about 25% ..... Typical ! but anyway....

Booked a place via Airb&B ... All sorted now!
    Just need to book a tour of WHL ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Anyone need tickets for Leverkusen at home??

Advertisement