Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work experience for multimedia students

Options
  • 27-09-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

why is it so hard to access work experience in multimedia for a student 1 day a week as part of the course in the waterford area
    can anybody help????

Have tried and tried !!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from Leaving Cert C&JD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

why is it so hard to access work experience in multimedia for a student 1 day a week as part of the course in the waterford area
    can anybody help????

Maybe they just don't have anyone spare to watch over you.

One day a week in my view is just a waste of time and effort for both you

and for any prospective company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Went through the same course 12 years ago. And experienced the same issues in getting work placement.

A weeks into it, a few of us which couldn't find any work came together and created a yearbook including all photos of all classes in the college, along with interviews. Better understanding of how creating these, going through design, going to print etc..

Could be an alternative if you discuss with your lecturer/year-head.

can anybody help????

I think you can find a local business who needs a website and create a website for them and that will count as your work experience, its what some people who were in my class did.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Go into town tomorrow dressed nicely.

Walk from shop to shop saying that you are a student who would like to design a website free of charge for your portfolio. If you can get 3 done over the semester thats enough.

That will look well on a CV.

All that matters after 4th year is your result and your personality.

• Advertisement

Go into town tomorrow dressed nicely.

Walk from shop to shop saying that you are a student who would like to design a website free of charge for your portfolio. If you can get 3 done over the semester thats enough.

That will look well on a CV.

All that matters after 4th year is your result and your personality.

I think its a Fetac Level 5 not a degree.

Advertisement