Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP elitebook 840 i7 screen upgrade help

Options
  • 26-09-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Have a HP 840 elitebook with a 14" diagonal HD SVA anti-glare flat LED-backlit (1366 x 768) screen. I would like to change this to a 1920 x 1080 ( Full HD ) screen. Is this possible?.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Moved to a more suitable forum than Work & Jobs; please note new charter is in effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

DavidAdam wrote: »
    Have a HP 840 elitebook with a 14" diagonal HD SVA anti-glare flat LED-backlit (1366 x 768) screen. I would like to change this to a 1920 x 1080 ( Full HD ) screen. Is this possible?.
    Any help appreciated.

Possibly but no guarantee the replacement would be compatible. First though you'd need to check if your laptop's GPU can even output to that resolution.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Check how much one would be on ebay and swap the drives and sell your one on.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DavidAdam

What drives do I need to swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

DavidAdam wrote:
    What drives do I need to swap?

Your drives into the replacement laptop....

I.e. Replace the laptop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement