Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Employed. Mortgage for Family Home.

Options
  • 26-09-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My wife and I are applying for a mortgage. I am self employed. We have three children under five. My current company is profitable. However, I am also a director of a non-trading limited company (company was not liquidated as I couldn't afford the fee, but de-registered with revenue, ceased trading / closed up shop in 2011). The non-trading company has a judgement registered against it. Can this historical judgement be picked up by a bank and used to refuse us our mortgage? Does anyone have experience of this type of situation and if so, can you advise me? We have our hearts set on a house and have put a holding deposit down so we need to process the application asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

Is your wife fully employed and in secure employment.

Not sure about the judgement. Talk to a good broker, theyre often the best option for non straightforward situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You should apply to www.icb.ie to get a credit report to see if there is a judgement in your name.

Advertisement