Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopt Cat/Kitten

Options
  • 26-09-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Any recommendations for the best place to apply to adopt a cat or kitten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Start with your local vet, they will either have some or point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

mozzy wrote: »
    Any recommendations for the best place to apply to adopt a cat or kitten?

Please consider a rescue shelter your first port of call. If you were here in Sligo, I would know exactly who to put you in touch with. They won't let people publish the names of shelters in the open forum, but if you say what counties you are prepared to go to to find your new friend, people here will message you some contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mozzy

Speedwell wrote: »
    Please consider a rescue shelter your first port of call. If you were here in Sligo, I would know exactly who to put you in touch with. They won't let people publish the names of shelters in the open forum, but if you say what counties you are prepared to go to to find your new friend, people here will message you some contacts.

Thats what I mean by adopt....as in a rescue shelter cat/kitten :)

In Dublin thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

mozzy wrote: »
    Thats what I mean by adopt....as in a rescue shelter cat/kitten :)

In Dublin thanks

I PM'ed you just there. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We recently got a kitten from the <snip>
    Wonderful people there that will help you in your search and try to match the personality of the cat with your situation.

EDIT - There is some info in the forum charter -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056146511

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

We took two kittens from <snip> and they were great to deal with - and they have some adorable kittens at the moment!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks, a gentle reminder not to discuss or link to individual rescue groups on-thread.
    Any recommendations can be made by pm.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I know of someone looking to find a home for two 8 week old kittens. If you are interested/want to know more, drop me a PM. :)

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lyziahanna

Hi guys. I'm looking for a cat/kitten for adoption in Dublin. Does anyone know anyone who is donating? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

The big rescue in Dublin have a lot of cats for adoption as do the larger national one with similar initials....

(cant name rescues on the forum and hope this doesn't breach the posting guidelines)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Inexile wrote: »
    The big rescue in Dublin have a lot of cats for adoption as do the larger national one with similar initials....

(cant name rescues on the forum and hope this doesn't breach the posting guidelines)
    Can't name them on thread but we're allowed to PM them :)

Advertisement