Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mix&Match clothes website

Options
  • 26-09-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Looking for feedback on a new website I have put together. The website is an aggregate site for clothes with a twist. The idea is from my wife buying a dress or top and then going from shop to shop to shop, finding the right shoes or accessories to go with the original item bought. So now she can find the item on the website then searcch and select the accessories and view them all on one page.

Shoppingcompanion.ie

Can't post the link. Very much a rough site but hoping to add new features and content.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Cool website and idea.

One thing that I found confusing though - I selected 3 products and compared them. On the Compare page, there's an option next to each one to Mix and Match. Clicking on these buttons do nothing.

How are you pulling the products from other websites? Manually or automatically? I notice in the html code that you're hot-linking images, so I'm guessing some sort of automated process?

Do you intend to monetize it? Seems ideal for an affiliate style revenue model.

From a dev perspective:

- The Bootstrap theme could probably be freshened up a bit
    - You should install Google Analytics

Performance-wise it seems very fast, and you've got the SSL cert installed, so all good there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 john.cashman

Thanks for the feedback.

Can I ask do you use an adblocker? The site has google analytics and google adsense on it.

Its an automated process that I use to crawl those clothes sites. The images are actually downloaded and stored on my hosting server instead of hot linking.

On the compare page, the idea is to deselect a product and click the Mix&Match button to only show the products you want. But I need to make this more clear.

Agree about the bootstrap theme....creative is not my strong suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Yes, you're spot on - I have Adblocker installed. I didn't know this completely removed the GA script tag from the html.

Advertisement